This IDC study is designed for the IT and business leaders, functional leaders, and their teams who are responsible for the creation and delivery of business capabilities. This study presents the results of IDC's 2014 DevOps MaturityScape Benchmark Survey and should be viewed as a supplement to IDC MaturityScape: DevOps (IDC #249471, June 2014). Together, they provide a comprehensive overview of IDC's DevOps Maturity model:
- The study presents the results from quantitative research that will enable organizations to assess their DevOps maturity level against industry benchmarks.
- In IDC MaturityScape: DevOps (IDC #249471, June 2014), we described IDC's DevOps Maturity framework, which identifies the stages, dimensions, outcomes, and actions required for companies to deliver impact and business outcomes.
This document enables organizations to answer the following questions:
- How mature is my organization in its ability to leverage DevOps capabilities to deliver impact and business outcomes?
- What are the most common practices among high achievers that result in better integration in the organization?
- What's the DevOps discipline in organizations that are thriving versus those that are just keeping pace?
- How can my organization improve its DevOps maturity as it embarks on the 3rd Platform adoption journey?
"Organizations today need to improve their DevOps maturity to create sustainable competitive advantage for their businesses," says Stephen Elliot, research vice president of IDC's IT Infrastructure and Cloud practice. "This maturity benchmark study, together with IDC's DevOps MaturityScape framework, will guide IT and business organizations to drive business results through the transformation of application delivery and operations."
Application development software, DevOps, Enterprise IT transformation, IT operations and implementation, IT planning and design, IT strategy and governance, Leadership transformation, Market intelligence, Operating model transformation, Public cloud services, System and network management software, Technology buyer