This IDC study answers the following questions:
- How is the model of offshore evolving?
- What is the opportunity for offshore providers by geographic region?
- What are IDC's predictions and assumptions relating to market forces impacting the offshore IT services market, and what impact will they have on the market forecasts?
- Which assumptions are of sufficient importance that a change in the assumption would result in a change in the market forecasts?
- What impact will developments in this market have on the players in the market?
- What are the not-to-be-missed opportunities?
"In contrast to the global IT services market, the worldwide offshore IT services market is growing at a significantly higher rate and increasingly reflects the strength of many of the established offshore providers as being able to compete directly with the well-established global service providers and outsourcers though these same players are facing what seems to be a mounting tsunami of disruptive competitors and new services business models that will force them to fundamentally change their businesses over the next few years," said David Tapper, vice president for Outsourcing, Managed, and Offshore Services at IDC. "Managing through these disruptions will require offshore service providers to determine where in the IT services market they want to continue to compete as well as not compete; invest in new capabilities such as IoT and 3D printing; establish unique ecosystems of partnerships that can provide access to new buyers and opportunities; support shift to digital businesses; and focus increasingly on providing business value."
Application development services, Application management, Business process outsourcing, Customer relationship management applications, Hosted application management, Hosting infrastructure services, IT consulting services, IT education and training, IT maintenance and support, Infrastructure as a service, Market intelligence, Network and desktop outsourcing services, Procurement, Public cloud services, Software as a service, Systems integration services, Systems integration services