This IDC study analyzes survey responses on 3D printing. The following issues were addressed:
- If the company currently had a 3D printer in use
- If not a current user, the level of interest in acquiring a 3D printer and the reasons for its possible acquisition
- If a current user, the level of satisfaction with the 3D printer and the current uses
- Feature importance ratings (users and nonusers)
- Channel preferences to acquire a 3D printer (users and nonusers)
"These 3D printer survey results confirm IDC's belief that the 3D printer market is primed and ready for greater mainstream adoption. There is strong appeal for this technology across several markets, particularly in the manufacturing, healthcare, and education verticals. This study helps identify the key product and buying pattern preferences for these devices," said Keith Kmetz, program vice president of IDC's Imaging, Printing and Document Solutions research.