This IDC study analyzes survey responses on digital signage. The following questions were addressed:
- The percentage of companies with digital signs
- If not a current user, the level of interest in acquiring digital signs
- If a current user, the level of satisfaction with the current digital signs
- Current and future mix of digital signs at the company
- Feature importance ratings (users and nonusers)
- Channel preferences to acquire digital signs (users and nonusers)
"This survey study indicates that the signage market is readying for a transformative change. Current digital sign implementations are demonstrating a significant value proposition by enabling content that is changeable and interactive for its target audience. This new level of communication is an effective broadcast medium that will grow in usage over the coming years," said Keith Kmetz, vice president of IDC's Imaging, Printing and Document Solutions research.