This IDC study illustrates the current state of virtualization in the mobility space and the impact it may have for enterprises in the Asia/Pacific region. Topics discussed include:
- An overview of mobile ecosystem and enterprise mobility in the Asia/Pacific region
- Definition of existing mobile OSs and the associated virtualization technologies
- Ways virtualization technologies are being leveraged, both in the mobile ecosystem and in enterprises
- Key benefits and challenges of virtualization on the mobile platform in the Asia/Pacific region
- IDC outlook for mobile virtualization addressability as well as guidance for adoption
This IDC study presents mobile virtualization, which has been traditionally leveraged by chipset and device vendors as a way to lower the bills of materials, streamline development, and produce low-cost devices. More recently, mobile virtualization is emerging as a viable model to manage the influx of personal mobile devices in the enterprise.
"The ways between how chipset vendors and enterprises utilize mobile virtualization is becoming blurred, " says Ian Song, research manager, Client Devices Research, IDC Asia/Pacific. "Now is the time for vendors and customers to better understand the technology in order to properly leverage it," he adds