This IDC study provides an overview of the concept of the Internet of Things (IoT) and what is currently being provided by telecommunication companies in Canada. The vendors profiled in this first of three documents in the series are Allstream, Bell, Rogers, and TELUS.
"By educating oneself on what is possible in Canada, organizations can begin to plan the short-term and long-term strategies necessary to take advantage of this technology shift," said Nigel Wallis, research director, Vertical Markets and New Initiatives. This study describes:
- IDC's definition of the Internet of Things
- The components of the Internet of Things
- The enabling technologies and inhibiting factors of growth
- IoT- and M2M-specific vendor profiles of Allstream, Bell, Rogers, and TELUS
- Essential guidance for both vendors and businesses
Air interface, Analytic applications, Enterprise IP telephony, Enterprise mobility, Integration and process automation middleware, Internet of things, Market intelligence, Mobile identity and access management, Networking and connectivity devices, Networks, TV phone, WiFi, WAPI, Wireless and mobile infrastructure, Wireless and mobile infrastructure