This IDC Presentation offers guidance to ICT vendors on surviving in the downside of the commodity cycle — what to do when the bubble bursts? It is a follow-up to IDC Canada's recently published Oil Price Crunch: How Will the Canadian Energy ICT Market Respond to "Lower for Longer" Oil Prices? (IDC #CA41032416, forthcoming).
This Presentation contains two main components. First, it recaps the economic environment that we're now confronted with. Second, it offers vendor guidance on the following:
- Client devices such as PCs, tablets, and mobile phones
- Infrastructure hardware including servers, storage, network equipment, and printers
- Software including applications, development, and deployment as well as systems infrastructure
- Services including outsourcing, support, training, and professional services
- Communication service providers
The market has changed, and successful account management needs to embrace this to succeed in this tougher landscape.