This IDC study is designed for IT and business leaders and functional leaders as well as their teams that are responsible for the creation and delivery of business capabilities. This study presents the results of IDC's 2015 European Digital Transformation MaturityScape Benchmark Survey and should be viewed as a supplement to IDC MaturityScape: Digital Transformation (IDC #255754, May 2015). This document enables organizations to answer the following questions:
- How will DX affect the way we do business?
- What is the role of DX in supporting business change?
- Where are we on a maturity scale for DX competencies in terms of what the business needs?
- Where are our competitors?
- What's the path to improve and achieve the level of maturity that the business needs?
"Over the past 12 months, digital transformation has become a boardroom topic in European organizations across all industries — no company is immune to the potential disruption that is approaching," said Philip Carter, vice president, IDC European Software and Infrastructure Research. "However, the fact that more than 20% of European organizations are still at the first level of digital maturity — defined as digital resisters according to IDC's Digital Transformation MaturityScape — is a major concern. These companies face irrelevance and potential financial turmoil over the longer term; the global race to the future of the digitally enabled enterprise is underway. European organizations can still join, but time is running out."