Number of Figures: 5
This IDC Energy Insights Perspective provides a quick one-stop-shopping overview on the EMEA utilities industry in 3Q12 to cover the following:
- M&As, agreements, reorganizations, and major business developments
- New financing deals
- Major plant and infrastructure investments (excluding renewable energy)
- Smart metering, smart grid, and energy efficiency initiatives
- ICT ecosystem major acquisitions and agreements
- Major ICT contracts awarded
- Product announcements
Renewable energies and clean technologies (with the exception of clean coal) are not covered in this document, as a dedicated series of EMEA quarterly reports is published on these topics (see IDC's EMEA Clean Energy Quarterly Update: July–September 2012 — IDC Energy Insights #EIRS54U, October 2012).
In order to provide a business background, this document analyzes major trends on commodity pricing, CO2 trading, and utilities stock.
LOGICA PLC, CAP GEMINI S.A., LM Ericsson Telephone Company, ITRON, INC., Enel - SpA, SAP AG, ATOS S.A., ABB Ltd, ORACLE CORPORATION, International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Siemens Aktiengesellschaft, DOW JONES & COMPANY, INC., INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MACHINES CORPORATION, E.ON AG