Number of Figures: 5
This IDC Energy Insights Perspective provides a quick one-stop-shopping overview on the EMEA utilities industry in 3Q12 to cover the following:
- M&As, agreements, reorganizations, and major business developments
- New financing deals
- Major plant and infrastructure investments (excluding renewable energy)
- Smart metering, smart grid, and energy efficiency initiatives
- ICT ecosystem major acquisitions and agreements
- Major ICT contracts awarded
- Product announcements
Renewable energies and clean technologies (with the exception of clean coal) are not covered in this document, as a dedicated series of EMEA quarterly reports is published on these topics (see IDC's EMEA Clean Energy Quarterly Update: July–September 2012 — IDC Energy Insights #EIRS54U, October 2012).
In order to provide a business background, this document analyzes major trends on commodity pricing, CO2 trading, and utilities stock.
Logica Plc, Capgemini S.A., LM Ericsson Telephone Company, Itron, Inc., Enel S.p.A., SAP AG, Atos S.A., ABB Ltd, Oracle Corporation, International Bank for Reconstruction and Development, Siemens AG, DOW JONES & COMPANY, INC., IBM, E.ON AG