This IDC Web Conference assesses the readiness of Western European companies to ride the digital transformation wave. It was presented by the IDC European Industry Solutions team led by Associate Vice President Mike Glennon.
IDC research has consistently proven that the 3rd Platform (cloud, mobile, social, and Big Data) and emerging technologies (the Internet of Things or IoT, robotics, cognitive systems, 3D printing, virtual reality, etc.) are reshaping the traditional IT landscape. The latest European Vertical Markets Survey, which was carried out between August and October 2015, analyzes IT trends and investment priorities across Western European industries.
Leveraging the results of this survey, the webcast answers the following key questions:
- To what extent are Western European companies willing to increase IT investments next year across industry sectors?
- In which vertical markets do lines of business (LOBs) have a stronger influence on IT spending decisions?
- What are the key business initiatives of Western European vertical markets and how do these relate to IT solutions?
- To what extent are mobile, social, cloud, Big Data, and the IoT influencing IT opportunities and driving Western European companies' IT investments?
- What is the primary channel for purchasing IT products and services among vertical markets in Western Europe?