This IDC Market Analysis Perspective (MAP) examines the mobile and Internet services markets in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA). Although much of the analysis covers trends in the wider EMEA region, this presentation focuses particularly on Europe and the more developed markets. It includes data on the number of mobile data and voice subscribers as well as fixed data and voice subscribers. Data on end-user spending in these segments (as well as service usage) is also provided.
This presentation has the following sections:
- Industry and market overview. It presents some background information to help readers understand the recent developments that shaped the telecom market.
- Competitive landscape. It presents the main competitors in this space and discuss their strengths, weaknesses, and interactions with each other and consumers.
- Buyer perspective. It details the changes in user behavior and preferences that are shaping the future of the market.
- Future view of the market. It provides forecasts of telecom spending, connections, and usage as well as a qualitative analysis of the prospects for this market.
- Advice for technology suppliers. It summarizes the best strategies to cope with the changing telecom market landscape in the coming years.
Furthermore, it provides an introduction to the EMEA telecom market, especially from a mass market perspective, and an overview of the most important market developments.
Europe, Middle East and Africa Mobile and Internet Services