The IDC European Vertical Markets Survey is a landmark study of IT solutions, investment priorities, and emerging technologies in over 80% of the Western European economy.
The survey covers areas such as:
- Key business priorities, the role of line-of-business (LOB) managers in IT decisions, IT budget direction, channel selection, and an assessment of the major technology suppliers supporting digital transformation
- Short-term investment plans for traditional technologies spanning hardware, software, IT and business services, and telecom services, as well as security priorities and a wide range of industry-specific solutions
- Current adoption and future deployment plans for the four pillars of IDC's 3rd Platform —cloud, mobile solutions, social, and Big Data
- A detailed analysis of implementation plans and use cases for the Internet of Things (IoT)
- An initial assessment of the major enablers of digital transformation, including familiarity, adoption, and future deployment plans for a range of Innovation Accelerators, including the IoT, cognitive systems, robotics, 3D printing, and natural interface
This study analyzes the survey results for the higher education industry to help IT suppliers as well as solution, marketing, and sales executives better target their offerings and go-to-market approach to the needs of IT and business executives in European universities and colleges:
- Digital transformation is driving higher education IT executives to become stewards of technology decisions in support of business innovation centered on students and teachers.
- Digital investments are driven by the need to offer students an immersive, collaborative, and interactive omni-experience, while ensuring data protection and security.
Big Data analytics and discovery, Digital transformation, Global IT and economic markets, Identity and access management, Information protection and control, Infrastructure and platform clouds, Internet of things, Mobility, Security management, Social networking