The IDC European Vertical Markets Survey is a landmark study of IT solutions, investment priorities, and emerging technologies in over 80% of the Western European economy.
The survey covers areas such as:
- Key business priorities, the role of line-of-business (LOB) managers in IT decisions, IT budget direction, channel selection, and an assessment of the major technology suppliers supporting digital transformation
- Short-term investment plans for traditional technologies spanning hardware, software, IT and business services, and telecom services, as well as security priorities and a wide range of industry-specific solutions
- Current adoption and future deployment plans for the four pillars of IDC's 3rd Platform —cloud, mobile solutions, social, and Big Data
- A detailed analysis of implementation plans and use cases for the Internet of Things (IoT)
- An initial assessment of the major enablers of digital transformation, including familiarity, adoption, and future deployment plans for a range of Innovation Accelerators, comprising the IoT, cognitive systems, robotics, 3D printing, and natural interface
This study analyzes the survey results for the government industry in France to help IT suppliers as well as solution, marketing, and sales executives better target their offerings and go-to-market approach to the needs of IT and business executives in central, regional, and local governments:
- Managing data as a strategic asset is the top priority for government it executives in France: they aim to achieve secure data access across silos.
- Cloud and mobile investments are growing; local and regional governments are advancing faster as they drive to enable a seamless citizen experience, while saving money.
Application management, Big Data analytics and discovery, Customer relationship management applications, Endpoint security, Enterprise mobility, Financial resource management, Governance, risk and compliance infrastructure, Human capital management, IT operations and implementation, Identity and access management, Information protection and control, Infrastructure and platform clouds, Internet of things, Mobility, Procurement, Public cloud services, Security management