The IDC European Vertical Markets Survey is a landmark study of IT solutions, investment priorities, and emerging technologies in over 80% of the Western European economy.
The survey covers areas such as:
- Key business priorities, the role of line-of-business (LOB) managers in IT decisions, IT budget direction, channel selection, and an assessment of the major technology suppliers supporting digital transformation
- Short-term investment plans for traditional technologies spanning hardware, software, IT and business services, and telecom services, as well as security priorities and a wide range of industry-specific solutions
- Current adoption and future deployment plans for the four pillars of IDC's 3rd Platform — cloud, mobile solutions, social, and Big Data
- A detailed analysis of implementation plans and use cases for the Internet of Things (IoT)
- An initial assessment of the major enablers of digital transformation, including familiarity, adoption, and future deployment plans for a range of Innovation Accelerators, including the IoT, cognitive systems, robotics, 3D printing, and natural interface
This study analyzes the survey results for the government industry in the U.K. to help IT suppliers as well as solution, marketing, and sales executives better target their offerings and go-to-market approach to the needs of IT and business executives in central and local governments.
- U.K. government IT executives are very focused on data security, integration, and compliance. Citizen experience is a top priority for local governments as transformation continues in domains such as health and social care.
- The G-Cloud Strategy, particularly through the CloudStore, has been a strong catalyst for cloud adoption among U.K. governments. Over 30% of IT executives expect to invest further in all types of cloud deployment models.
- Reducing financial fraud and abuse and personalizing citizen experience will be the top use cases for Big Data and analytics.
App stores, Big Data analytics and discovery, Collaborative applications, Customer relationship management applications, Governance, risk and compliance infrastructure, Information protection and control, Infrastructure and platform clouds, Internet of things, Intrusion detection and prevention, Mobility, Social networking, Software as a service, Systems integration services