The IDC European Vertical Markets Survey is a landmark study of IT solutions, investment priorities, and emerging technologies in over 80% of the Western European economy.
The survey covers areas such as:
- Key business priorities, the role of line-of-business (LOB) managers in IT decisions, IT budget direction, channel selection, and an assessment of the major technology suppliers supporting digital transformation
- Short-term investment plans for traditional technologies spanning hardware, software, IT and business services, and telecom services, as well as security priorities and a wide range of industry-specific solutions
- Current adoption and future deployment plans for the four pillars of IDC's 3rd Platform —cloud, mobile solutions, social, and Big Data
- A detailed analysis of implementation plans and use cases for the Internet of Things (IoT)
- An initial assessment of the major enablers of digital transformation, including familiarity, adoption, and future deployment plans for a range of Innovation Accelerators, including the Internet of Things (IoT), cognitive systems, robotics, 3D printing, and natural interface
This study analyzes the survey results for the government industry in Germany to help IT suppliers as well as solution, marketing, and sales executives better target their offerings and go-to-market approach to the needs of IT and business executives in central and local governments:
- German government IT executives consider citizen experience an important priority, but they want to make sure that data protection, compliance, and improved performance of still-fragmented processes, systems, and data are achieved.
- German government IT executives are investing in cloud computing to make the development of new service capabilities more agile; regulatory compliance concerns are driving investments toward private cloud.
- German government IT executives expect asset management, public transportation, and public safety and security will be the fastest growing IoT use cases.
Digital transformation, Enterprise mobility, Global IT and economic markets, Governance, risk and compliance infrastructure, IT operations and implementation, Information protection and control, Infrastructure and platform clouds, Internet of things, Intrusion detection and prevention, Security management