This IDC Survey focuses on the business expectations of Western European small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) and their external IT budget dynamics in 2016. It also investigates the role of lines of business (LOBs) in external IT budget administration and how SMBs will allocate their IT budgets to growth, innovation, maintenance/running, and regulatory compliance activities.
The presentation is based on the results of the IDC European Vertical Markets Survey, 2015, which involved 1,697 companies with more than 10 employees in over 80% of the European economy (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the Nordics, and the U.K.). In particular, the results in the presentation were from respondents with fewer than 500 employees, corresponding to 784 companies.
The company size classes considered are:
- Very small companies (10–49 employees)
- Small companies (50–99 employees)
- Low-end, medium-sized companies (10–249 employees)
- High-end, medium-sized companies (250–499 employees)
The vertical markets considered are:
- Financial services (including banking, insurance, and other finance)
- Process manufacturing
- Discrete manufacturing
- Utilities/oil and gas
- Professional services/transport