The IDC European Vertical Markets Survey is a landmark study of IT solutions, investment priorities, and emerging technologies in over 80% of the Western European economy.
The survey covers areas such as:
- Key business priorities, the role of line-of-business (LOB) managers in IT decisions, IT budget direction, channel selection, and an assessment of the major technology suppliers supporting digital transformation
- Short-term investment plans for traditional technologies spanning hardware, software, IT and business services, and telecom services, as well as security priorities and a wide range of industry-specific solutions
- Current adoption and future deployment plans for the four pillars of IDC's 3rd Platform — cloud, mobile solutions, social, and Big Data
- A detailed analysis of implementation plans and use cases for the Internet of Things (IoT)
- An initial assessment of the major enablers of digital transformation, including familiarity, adoption, and future deployment plans for a range of Innovation Accelerators, including the IoT, cognitive systems, robotics, 3D printing, and natural interface
This study analyzes the survey results for the government industry in the Nordics to help IT suppliers as well as solution, marketing, and sales executives better target their offerings and go-to-market approach to the needs of IT and business executives in central and local governments:
- Nordic central government IT executives' investments will be primarily driven by operational efficiency and performance improvement; local government executives will focus more on citizen experience transformation.
- Nordic central government IT executives have aggressive plans to use private cloud as a result of a governmentwide push toward shared services; local government IT executives are more bullish on public cloud to leverage cost savings and granular provisioning.
- Nordic government IT executives expect to increase investments in native mobile apps for citizen services, which will drive attention toward mobile security solutions.