This IDC Survey analyzes the results of the IDC European Vertical Markets Survey concerning mobile strategies in the Western European healthcare sector. In particular, it shows:
- How healthcare providers are implementing their clinical mobile strategies through the choice of software deployment models and mobile operating environments
- The list of corporate apps that are accessible or planned to be accessible through mobile
The IDC European Vertical Markets Survey is a landmark study of IT solutions, investment priorities, and emerging technologies in over 80% of the Western European economy. It covers areas such as:
- Key business priorities, the role of line-of-business (LOB) managers in IT decisions, IT budget direction, channel selection, and an assessment of the major technology suppliers supporting digital transformation.
- Short-term investment plans for traditional technologies spanning hardware, software, IT and business services, and telecom services, as well as security priorities and a wide range of industry-specific solutions.
- Current adoption and future deployment plans for the four pillars of IDC's 3rd Platform — cloud, mobile solutions, social, and Big Data.
- A detailed analysis of implementation plans and use cases for the Internet of Things (IoT).
- An initial assessment of the major enablers of digital transformation, including familiarity, adoption, and future deployment plans for a range of Innovation Accelerators, including the IoT, cognitive systems, robotics, 3D printing, and natural interface.