This IDC study presents the security software market in Russia for 2011 and forecasts expenditure on security software applications through 2016. The study contains market size, vendor market shares, and forecasts for four functional market categories.
The study aims to answer the following questions:
- What is the current size of the security software market in Russia?
- Which security software segments are most important? What is the current focus of spending?
- What are IDC's projections for spending on security software, and what are the assumptions behind the forecast data? What impact will these have on market developments?
- Who are the market leaders based on license and maintenance revenues, and what are their strengths, weaknesses, and strategies for the future?
- Which industry sectors are the most important sources of demand for security software applications? What are the future trends likely to be in this area?
"Russian end users in general continue to look beyond antivirus and external perimeter protection when investing into IT security software products, paying more attention to identity and vulnerability management. They are increasingly aware of the value that these tools may hold for the protection of important data and business continuity." – Research Analyst Pyotr Gorodetskiy, IDC Russia
Endpoint security, Identity and access management, Messaging security, Network security, Secure content and threat management, Security and vulnerability management software, Security software, Web security