This IDC Government Insights presentation discusses the innovation needed for local law enforcement and other public safety agencies to move towards Smarter Public Safety and implement Smart Cities projects. The agenda includes:
- The Intelligent Economy and the Four Pillars: A discussion of the third platform - the Intelligent Economy – which leverages four key technology areas, Cloud computing, Big data and analytics, Social Media, and Mobility for IT growth and innovation. Specifically, these solutions will grow industry-specific intelligent solutions like crime analytics, real-time crime centers, and smarter emergency management services.
- Urbanization and Other Local Government Trends: Technology trends are only one piece of the recent push towards Smart City solutions; urbanization trends are also very important. This section discusses the increasing growth in city populations, the impact cities have on GDP, and the challenges cities are facing that is pushing innovation on the CIO agenda.
- Innovation: What City Leaders Care About: In an effort to understand the goals of city CIOs and higher level strategic decision-makers in cities and public safety, survey results are presented.
- Innovation: Smart Cities and Smarter Public Safety: This section details IDC Government Insights thinking on Smart Cities specifically related to local law enforcement.
- Actions to Consider: This section provides essential guidance for those in law enforcement and public safety as they work on progressing a Smart City agenda within their organization.