Number of Tables: 1
This IDC Health Insights Pivot Table provides IDC Health Insights' best estimates for the worldwide life science industry IT opportunity. This model segments the underlying data by customer segment, technology segment, and geographic region — a structure that facilitates rapid market opportunity assessment within the desired parameters. The Worldwide Life Science IT Spending Guide is an essential tool to assist executives in business planning and setting strategic priorities in the life science IT markets.
Worldwide regions are segmented as follows:
- Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan), or APEJ
- United States
- Western Europe
- Rest of the world (ROW)
- Academia (worldwide universities and nonprofit institutions)
- Biotechnology and biopharma companies
- Contract research organizations (CROs)
- Diagnostic and health screening companies
- Government agencies
- Pharmaceutical companies
- IT services
- The value of external displays (monitors) is no longer included in the PC market sizing (value of shipments).
- PC monitor is a new category within hardcopy peripherals, replacing the previous "other add-ons" category.
- Printers/MFPs are renamed hardcopy peripherals and now also include single-function digital copiers.
- Networking equipment has been renamed telecom equipment.
- The smartphones category has been moved to the telecom equipment segment.
Application development and deployment, Customer relationship management applications, Desktop PC, Disk storage, Enterprise resource management applications, Global IT and economic markets, IT consulting services, Infrastructure outsourcing services, Media tablets, Multifunction peripherals, Portable PC, Printers, System and network management software, System infrastructure software, Systems integration services, Tape storage, Telecommunications infrastructure, Widescreen, Wireless LAN infrastructure, ereaders