IDC's BuyerPulse® Deals Database: Worldwide Services product provides access to our online tool and supporting research that helps the vendor, end-user, and financial services communities monitor the demand for services deals as well as the subsequent performance of specific vendors. With contracts signed as early as 1989 and over 52,000 services contracts representing a combined value of over $2.85 trillion, IDC's Services Deals Database represents the largest and richest information repository of services deals in the world. The online database offers tangible metrics to evaluate customer buying patterns in service offerings and vendor track records across service types, industries, and geographies.
The database provides comprehensive country coverage capturing deal activity in more than 175 countries around the world across all industry segments. Services engagements captured in the database include the following:
- Business process outsourcing
- Processing services
- IT and applications outsourcing
- Testing outsourcing
- Network management services
- Carrier network infrastructure outsourcing
- Desktop management services
- Business and IT consulting
- Systems integration
- Custom application development
- Software support and deployment
- Hardware support and deployment
- Network consulting and integration
- IT education and training
- Services contract valuation and services pricing models
- Contract pricing and benchmark metrics
- Customer metrics and characteristics
- Private, public, hybrid cloud, IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS contracts
- Prime versus subcontractor relationships
- Services engagement details and analysis
- Geographic scope and sourcing
- Industry adoption
- Losing bidders and contract cancellations
- One-year and five-year contract trends
- Customer buying criteria and winning factors
- What competitor contracts are up for renewal over the next 12–24 months?
- What contracts do my clients or prospects currently have with my competitors?
- How do the value and length of services contracts compare across various service types, countries, and vertical industries?
- What end-user buying trends are emerging?
- Are services contracts becoming shorter in length or lower in total contract value over time?
- Which vendors are most successful at penetrating any given geography, industry, or service area?
IDC's BuyerPulse Deals Database: Worldwide Services product delivers, via the Internet, unlimited access to compare and analyze specific services engagements. Vendor contract engagements are added to the database on a continual basis and are examined through written research and analysis. The database captures the activity of more than 23,500 customers being serviced by 8,250 services vendors, including:
Accenture, ADP, Alcatel-Lucent, Aon Hewitt, Atos, AT&T, Booz Allen Hamilton, BT Group, CACI, Capgemini, Capita, CEVA, CGI, Cognizant, Convergys, CSC, Dell, Deloitte, Dimension Data, Deutsche Luftansa, Deutsche Telekom, Ericsson, Evry ASA, Fidelity National Info Services, Fujitsu, General Dynamics, Genpact, Groupe Steria, Grupo ASSA, HCL, Hitachi, HP, Huawei, IBM, Indra Sistemas, Infosys, Level 3 Communications, Lockheed Martin, Lufthansa Systems, Microsoft, Nokia Siemens, Northrop Grumman, NTT, Oracle, Orange Business Services, PwC, Qwest Comms, Raytheon, SAIC, SAP, SingTel, Sonda, Stefanini, TCS, Tech Mahindra, Telstra, Tieto Oyj, TOTVS, T-Systems, Unisys, Verizon Communications, Wipro, Xerox, and ZTE Corporation.
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Potential studies include:
In this quarterly Web conference, key IDC analysts provide a two-year detailed analysis and assessment of outsourcing deals based on a rolling four-quarter view.
This document offers a detailed look at the top 100 outsourcing contracts of the previous year, ranked by total contract value. The study compares and analyzes the contracts based on value, length, time of the year they were signed, geography, industry, winning vendors, and services provided.