IDC's Enterprise Servers: Technology Markets service provides continuous market data and analysis of the worldwide server market from a supply-side point of view, including volume servers, midrange enterprise systems, high-end enterprise systems, and mainframes. This service also analyzes significant new product introductions and technology trends. The research agenda is designed to be the cornerstone for any company interested in understanding the opportunities in today's worldwide server market.
- Worldwide and U.S. server market share and forecasts
- Converged and integrated systems
- Cloud and service provider infrastructures
- Big Data systems
- Virtualization and its impact on server trends
- High-availability (HA) and fault-tolerant systems
- Server form factor analysis
- Low-power processor (ARM and Atom) servers
- Worldwide and U.S. server installed base
- Vendor performance, strategies, and portfolios
- Worldwide Server Market 2012–2018 Forecast
- Worldwide Modular Server 2012–2018 Forecast
- Worldwide Server Cloud Computing 2012–2018 Forecast
- Highly Available Server Market Forecast, 2012–2018
- Annual Top 10 Predictions for the Enterprise Server Market
- Worldwide and U.S. Installed Base Forecast
- Enterprise Server Market Review
- Worldwide Business Analytics Technology Forecast
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What will the impact be from the emergence of converged systems that integrate servers, storage, and network?
- As cloud computing matures, how will public and private clouds shape the server market in the future?
- What are the next set of trends in server virtualization — virtual sprawl, management, and mobility?
- How will emerging server technologies, including low-power processors, impact the industry?
- How are distinct server form factor designs evolving to address the unique needs of datacenters?
- How will advances in the multicore processors push the x86 server upmarket to address high-end workloads?
- What will be the market opportunity associated with clusters and highly available servers?
- How is the ODM portion of the server market evolving, and how is that changing the dynamics for other market segments?
IDC's Enterprise Servers: Technology Markets service examines how vendors are positioning themselves to compete in the server market. This service reviews the strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in this market, including:
AMD, Avocent, Cisco, Citrix, Dell, Egenera, EMC, Fujitsu, Hitachi, HP, IBM, Intel, Lenovo, LSI, Microsoft, NEC, NetApp, Novell, Oracle, Platform Computing, Quantum, Rackable, Red Hat, SGI, Stratus, Sun Microsystems, Supermicro, Symantec-Veritas, Unisys, Verari, and VMware.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://www.idc-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.
Senior Research Analyst, Enterrprise Systems
Director, Worldwide Market Analysis, Global Enterprise Server Solutions
Research Manager, Server Solutions