IDC's Canadian Enterprise and Cloud Applications service addresses the business drivers leading end-user organizations to purchase enterprise application software by incorporating multiple inputs, including demand- and supply-side research, channel sources, and a global analyst network. This subscription service can help software vendors, services providers, and partners identify opportunities, key industry trends, and go-to-market strategies. Information is presented through case studies, in-person presentations, telebriefings, and qualitative research so that clients can identify, address, and develop marketing plans for segments and industries offering the greatest growth potential for gaining competitive advantage and increasing revenue.
Impact of four pillars — social, cloud, mobile, and data — on:
- Collaborative solutions including emerging social technologies as well as traditional applications
- Enterprise resource management, supply chain management, and operations solutions
- Customer relationship management
- Business analytics
- Data management
- Middleware and business process management tools
- Application development, including platform as a service (PaaS)
- Growth of software as a service (SaaS) and its impact
- Mobilization of enterprise applications
- Market size and growth opportunities
- Software investment priorities
- Vendor perceptions, market share, and go-to-market strategies
- Impact of new delivery models on the market
- Upstart companies and their impact on market leaders
- Enterprise Application Solutions Selling
- Enterprise Application Market Competitive Profile
- Canadian Enterprise Application Forecast and Analysis
- Smarter Segmentation
- Analyst Briefing
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the impacts of social, mobile, cloud, analytics, and Big Data on the applications and application development and deployment markets?
- What are the latest highlights, drivers, and technology adoption trends in Canada's packaged applications market?
- Will the use of social networking technologies permeate into the Canadian enterprise sector? And how will it be most likely used?
- What market segments offer the greatest potential for vendors and partners?
- How do Canadian organizations prefer to purchase their analytical platforms in light of the consolidation in the industry?
- What value propositions resonate with end-user organizations for enterprise applications?
- What new technologies may result in competitive advantage in Canada? How do they differ by organization size and/or industry?
IDC's Canadian Enterprise and Cloud Applications service examines how software providers are positioning themselves to compete in the enterprise applications market. This service reviews the strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the enterprise applications market, including
Best Software, Business Objects, Cognos, Corel, EMC, Hyperion, IBM, Infor, Interwoven, Lawson, Microsoft, Oracle, Sage, salesforce.com, SAP, and SAS.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.