IDC's BuyerPulse® Deals Database: Worldwide BPO Services offers service providers valuable insight into the dynamics, size, and scope of BPO services deals from both a horizontal and a core industry standpoint. This database product provides critical deal and customer purchasing data that helps technology vendors, professional services firms, service providers, end users, and the financial services community monitor the demand for BPO services. With over 6,800 contracts that include worldwide BPO services and new additions every day, this database represents the largest and richest information repository of BPO services deals. This offering provides tangible metrics for competitive intelligence teams to evaluate technology and services buying patterns as well as sales and marketing teams to use in a sales enablement capacity.
- Customer care
- Human resources
- Finance and accounting
- Procurement services
- Industry specific (e.g., claims processing, payments processing, and service after sales)
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Services contract valuation and services pricing models
- Contract pricing and benchmark metrics
- Customer metrics and characteristics
- Prime versus subcontractor relationships
- Services engagement details and analysis
- Geographic scope and sourcing
- Industry adoption
- Losing bidders and contract cancellations
- One-year and five-year contract trends
- Customer buying criteria and winning factors
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What competitor contracts are up for renewal over the next 12–24 months?
- What end-user buyer trends are emerging?
- How do the value and length of BPO contracts compare across various BPO markets, countries, and vertical industries?
- How are contract lengths and values changing over time?
- Which vendors are most successful at penetrating any given geography, industry, or business process area?
IDC's BuyerPulse Deals Database: Worldwide BPO Services examines how IT services and function-specific providers are positioning themselves to compete in the BPO market and reviews the strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the BPO space.
Vendor contract engagements are added to the database on a continual basis and are examined through written research and analysis. The database captures the activity of more than 4,100 customers being serviced by over 1,100 services vendors, including:
- Business and technology services providers such as Accenture, Capgemini, CGI, CSC, Deloitte, Genpact, HCL, HP, IBM, IGATE, Lockheed Martin, Patni, Infosys, SAIC, TCS, Unisys, Wipro, and Xerox
- BPO process specialists such as ADP, Alliance Data Systems, Aon Hewitt, Ceridian, CEVA Logistics, Convergys, DHL, DSSI, Exel, Fidelity National Info Services, First Data, Fiserv, Midland Software, NGA Human Resources (formerly NorthgateArinso), Procurian, Sitel, Teleperformance, TeleTech, Tieto Oyj, TSYS, and Vertex Data Science
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Potential studies include:
In this quarterly Web conference, key IDC analysts provide a two-year detailed analysis and assessment of outsourcing deals based on a rolling four-quarter view.
Top 100 Outsourcing Deals This document offers a detailed look at the top 100 outsourcing contracts of the previous year, ranked by total contract value. The study compares and analyzes the contracts based on value, length, time of the year the contracts were signed, geography, industry, winning vendors, and services provided.