IDC's BuyerPulse® Deals Database: Worldwide BPO Services offers service providers valuable insight into the dynamics, size, and scope of BPO services deals from both a horizontal and a core-industry standpoint. This service provides access to the Services Deals Database online tool and supporting research that will help vendor, end-user, and financial services communities monitor the key deal trends and upcoming opportunities as well as the performance of specific vendors. The online database offers tangible metrics to evaluate buying patterns by business process and vendor track records across business processes, industries, and geographies.
- Customer care
- Human resources
- Finance and accounting
- Procurement services
- Industry specific (e.g., claims processing, payments processing, and service after sales)
- Services contract valuation and services pricing models
- Contract pricing and benchmark metrics
- Customer metrics and characteristics
- Prime versus subcontractor relationships
- Services engagement details and analysis
- Geographic scope and sourcing
- Industry adoption
- Losing bidders and contract cancellations
- One-year and five-year contract trends
- Customer buying criteria and winning factors
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- IDC Web Conference — The Pulse of Outsourcing: IDC's Quarterly Look at Rolling Four-Quarter Deal Signings
- Top 100 Worldwide Outsourcing Deals
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What competitor contracts are up for renewal over the next 12–18 months?
- How do the value and length of BPO contracts compare across various BPO markets, countries, and vertical industries?
- How are contract lengths and values changing over time?
- Which vendors are most successful at penetrating any given geography, industry, or business process area?
- What end-user buying trends are emerging?
IDC's BuyerPulse Deals Database: Worldwide BPO Services examines how IT services and function-specific providers are positioning themselves to compete in the BPO market and reviews the strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the BPO space, including:
- Business and technology services providers such as Accenture, Capgemini, CGI, CSC, Deloitte, Genpact, HCL, HP, IBM, iGATE, Lockheed Martin, Patni, Infosys, SAIC, TCS, Unisys, Wipro, and Xerox.
- BPO process specialists such as ADP, Alliance Data Systems, Aon Hewitt, Ceridian, CEVA Logistics, Convergys, DHL, DSSI, Exel, Fidelity National Info Services, First Data, Fiserv, Midland Software, NorthgateArinso, Procurian, Sitel, Teleperformance, TeleTech, Tieto Oyj, TSYS, and Vertex Data Science.
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Potential studies include:
In this quarterly Web Conference, key IDC analysts provide a two-year detailed analysis and assessment of outsourcing deals based on a rolling four-quarter view.
Top 100 Outsourcing Deals This document offers a detailed look at the top 100 outsourcing contracts of the previous year, ranked by total contract value. The study compares and analyzes the contracts based on value, length, time of the year they were signed, geography, industry, winning vendors, and services provided.