The Worldwide Capital Markets IT Spending Guide is an analysis of the current status and projected growth of IT spending across the capital markets industry, updated twice a year. This five-year outlook on IT spending by brokerage firms, investment houses, commercial banks, insurance companies, and exchanges and depositories provides IT vendors with key information needed to develop effective market strategies and measure growth areas. IDC Financial Insights provides this benchmark tool with consistent, detailed market data on the capital markets industry, providing a profile of the IT growth opportunity segmented by technology components, solution categories, and institution types and sizes. This pivot table tool presents spending forecasts according to current assumptions relating to economic trends, end-user surveys, and IDC Financial Insights’ comprehensive segmented research expertise. In addition, the Guide provides targeted data for sales organizations with specific spending predictions and analysis correlated by institution size and type.
IDC Financial Insights delivers the Worldwide Capital Markets IT Spending Guide biannually as well as provides access to the Capital Markets Taxonomy report, a framework from which to categorize and relate functions and solutions in the industry. This framework demonstrates the relationship between different functions and provides insights as to where technology solutions are properly applied.
The Worldwide Capital Markets IT Spending Guide is segmented by:
- Technology components — hardware, software, IT services, and internal services
- Functional categories — order management systems, portfolio management systems, liquidity management, enterprise risk management, desk-level risk, securities processing, customer management, portfolio accounting, margin systems, and more
- Institution types — securities firms, investment managers, banks, insurance companies, exchanges and depositories
- Institution size — tier 1 through tier 3
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- Which segments of the industry are buying technology, and how can you target those high-growth areas?
- What technology needs across the industry are driving key growth opportunities for IT vendors?
- How does the outlook for IT spending differ among types of institutions and various solution spend areas?
- What are appropriate growth expectations for my firm based on current and expected market conditions?
By presenting a segmented and tiered perspective on IT spending by financial institutions, the Worldwide Capital Markets IT Spending Guide helps information technology and services suppliers that are targeting the financial services sector identify market opportunities and effectively execute within their targeted financial services strategy.
- Assists IT suppliers that are targeting the capital markets sector to identify market opportunities and to execute an effective strategy
- Guidance for more responsive, client-centric marketing campaigns
- Evaluate sales performance/goals against overall market conditions
- Documentation on the functions and solution relationship to provide a greater understanding of the application of technology to the business of capital markets and securities
IDC Financial Insights values building client relationships and strives to foster a partnership with each client through continuous analyst interaction; timely delivery of current, concise, and relevant research; as well as custom research when needed. Each advisory service delivers strategic research covering business and technology issues. A summary of the basic service deliverables available to subscribers includes the following:
- Analyst inquiry time specific to the advisory service area
- 24 x 7 research access via www.idc-fi.com
- Discounted admission to specific IDC Financial Insights or IDC conferences
- Complimentary forum invitations (Web conferences, industry briefings)
Our IDC Insights Community is designed to enable technology buyers to engage with our industry analysts, share knowledge and best practices, and connect with colleagues. To participate in our community, members create a profile to:
- Participate in our discussions in our blogs, forums, and polls
- Learn about and share best practices, tips, tricks, and tools related to business/technology alignment
- Network with colleagues and join groups within each industry
- Provide feedback to IDC's industry analysts and hear what we're up to
Visit us at: http://idc-insights-community.com and join our conversations.
Related offerings to our industry-specific research practices include IT Spending Guides — segmented regional and country-level analysis by solution area; Go-to-Market Services (GMS) — a modular set of deliverables to assist clients in extending their market reach, validating their market strategy, and producing more responsive customer-centric marketing campaigns; and IDC Advisory Tools — a growing set of solutions designed to ensure clients that technology purchasing and deployment decisions are optimized. In addition, IDC Financial Insights experts are available for individualized consulting engagements to address specific challenges or to customize the results of our syndicated research offerings