As businesses face the challenges of managing growing data volumes, addressing big data issues, and building an integrated cloud strategy, these challenges drive the importance of planning, integrating, managing, and supporting their storage infrastructures. IDC's Storage and Data Management Services research identifies opportunities and analyzes strategies for storage vendors, cloud storage service providers, integration services firms, and channel organizations that market and deliver storage professional and support services. It also provides them with valuable insights to leverage opportunities in the emerging cloud-based storage market, including infrastructure as a service (IaaS), cloud-based backup, file collaboration, archiving, and replication services.
- Storage transformation services
- Storage assessment, implementation, and integration services
- Managed storage services
- Managed backup, archiving, and replication and managed disaster recovery services
- Cloud storage offerings, including storage as a service, backup and archiving as a service, and disaster recovery as a service
- Datacenter transformation services
- Data migration strategies
- The role of consulting, integration, and outsourcing firms in this market
- The role of security in cloud-based storage service offerings
- Storage Services Forecast and Analysis
- Storage Services: Competitive Profiles
- Storage Services for Big Data
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Services
- Software-Defined Storage Services Storage Efficiency
- Storage Services Opportunity for Converged Infrastructure
- Cloud Storage Services
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the opportunities for providing storage consulting, integration, management, and support services?
- What are the opportunities for providing online and "cloud" storage services, and how are customers migrating storage to the cloud?
- What are the most important actions that storage service organizations can take to enable digital transformation?
- What strategies should storage technology firms use to raise customer satisfaction?
- What are the opportunities associated with data protection, storage efficiency, big data, and converged infrastructure?
AT&T Inc., Accenture plc, Acronis International GmbH, Amazon.com, Inc., Arrow Electronics, Inc., Atos S.A., Avid Technology, Inc., Avnet, Inc., Box, Inc., Brocade Communications Systems, CARBONITE, INC., Capgemini S.A., Cisco Systems, Inc., Computer Sciences Corporation, Dell Inc., Dropbox Inc., EMC Corporation, Egnyte, Inc., F5 Networks, Inc., Fujitsu Limited, GlassHouse Technologies, Inc., Google Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi, Ltd., IBM, INTRONIS INC, Infosys Limited, Iron Mountain Incorporated, NEC Corporation, NetApp, Inc., Oracle Corporation, Symantec Corporation, Tata Consultancy Services Limited, Think Big Analytics, Inc., Unisys Corporation, Verizon Communications, Inc., Wipro Limited