IDC's Technology Financial Strategies service analyzes the market for IT equipment, software, and services financing from a supply-side point of view. The financial services options offered by IT manufacturers and independent financing providers as well as evolving IT buyer requirements are tracked. Given the capital market's slow recovery and continued market volatility, financial services offerings have become a critical go-to-market strategy as well as a competitive differentiator during the technology sales cycle. This service analyzes the financial needs of end-user customers as they strive to provide the type of business value and performance metrics, demand and resource loading analysis, and financial transparency demanded of other business functions. The service also forecasts the size of the global IT financing market and share by IT platform as well as provides timely analysis of major supplier and end-user events, products, and strategies.
- IT customer financing strategies, dynamics, and practices
- Market sizing and segmentation analysis
- Financing supplier, channels, and alliances analysis and trends
- Products, structures, and reporting requirements
- Evolving service offerings, requirements, and practices
- Selecting, managing, and terminating financing programs
- End-user financing decision criteria
- Vendor and channel selection criteria
- Regulatory compliance: environmental, Sarbanes-Oxley, and data security
- Global IT Leasing and Financing Forecast
- Top 10 Predictions for the IT Financing Market
- Financing trends for devices including smartphones and media tablets
- The latest developments impacting intangibles financing — software and services
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- Do customer financing programs create differential value when providing enterprise IT products or solutions?
- Will leasing and financing remain a cornerstone acquisition strategy for IT resources?
- Do customer financing programs fill a void that would be unmet and negatively impact the sale/purchase of IT products, solutions, or resources?
- What are the financing products, pricing, positioning, and promotion strategies employed by best-in-class customer financing programs?
- What do end users like/dislike about current offerings, and what would motivate them to acquire more?
- How will global macroeconomic trends impact the IT financing market?
IDC's Technology Financial Strategies service examines how vendors are positioning themselves to compete in the IT customer financing market. This service reviews strategies, market positioning, and the future direction of several providers in the customer financing market, including:
Bank of America Leasing, Cisco Capital, CIT Group, De Lage Landen Financial Services, EMC Global Finance, GE Capital, Hitachi Data Systems, HP Financial Services, IBM Global Financing, Key Equipment Finance, Microsoft Financing, and Oracle Finance.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://www.idc-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.