As organizations evolve and become more sophisticated in their analysis of data, suppliers must be in tune with the changing requirements that end users place on them, from both a technological perspective and a strategic perspective. IDC's Business Analytics Solutions with Vertical Views service delivers detailed analysis of end-user spending trends and priorities regarding analytics and data warehousing solutions, as well as the anticipated rate of adoption of new and existing technologies by industry and company size. It also encompasses all the research provided within IDC's Business Analytics Solutions service.
- Advanced analytics software and content analysis tools
- CRM analytics applications; data warehouse generation; data warehouse management; and end-user query, reporting, and analysis
- Financial performance and strategy management applications
- Production planning analytics applications
- Service operations analytics applications
- Spatial information analytics tools
- Supply chain analytics applications
- Workforce analytics applications
- All of the above markets are further segmented by 20 industries and four company size bands. Industries are as follows: banking, insurance, securities and investment services, discrete manufacturing, process manufacturing, retail, wholesale, federal/central government, state/local government, healthcare provider, education, professional services, personal and consumer services, telecommunications, media, transportation, utilities, construction, resources, and consumer.
- End-User Survey Analysis and Adoption Trends of Business Analytics, Smart and Big Data Technologies Segmented by Industry and Company Size
- Worldwide and U.S. Business Analytics Solutions Forecast and Analyses by Industry and Company Size
- Annual Worldwide and U.S. Vendor Share Analysis
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the market size and five-year forecast for business analytics solutions by industry and company size?
- Who are the leading business analytics vendors within various industries?
- Which industries present the best opportunities for analytics and data warehousing software providers?
- What are the key requirements for gaining share in the analytics and data warehousing market? How do these requirements vary by industry and company size?
- What are the key pain points, spending priorities, and technology needs in different industry sectors?
IDC's Business Analytics Solutions with Vertical Views service keeps product, marketing, and strategic planning professionals informed on the market leaders and key market opportunities within the analytics and data warehousing environment. The service arms vendors with a measurement of the IT dollar opportunities within the analytics and data warehousing market, as well as market segmentation and predictions that act as a guiding system for initiating rational and optimal sales and marketing decisions and strategies.
IDC's insights lead to credible, unique, viable, and defensible market positioning and support the identification and prioritization of market efforts as well as successful entry, strategies, and tactics.
Group Vice President, Customer Insights and Analysis