IDC's Datacenter Networks service combines a strategic view of emerging datacenter requirements with extensive analysis of the network hardware and software infrastructure within enterprise and service provider datacenters needed to meet customer demands for an agile IT infrastructure. This service provides a comprehensive view of the key technical and business issues driving network migrations in private and public cloud datacenters and the remote branch.
- Datacenter network infrastructure
- Remote branch network infrastructure
- Software-defined networking
- Network virtualization
- Application delivery networking (e.g., ADC/4–7 switching, WAN optimization)
- Integrated systems and converged infrastructures
- Key server, storage, and network partnerships
- Network spending in the datacenter
- Shifting datacenter network topologies
- Impact of cloud computing on the datacenter networking architecture
- Content delivery networks
- Profiles of datacenter networking companies
- Migration to a unified network fabric
- Network services for virtualized and cloud datacenters
- Big Data networking requirements
- Adoption of server, storage, and network interconnects in the datacenter (e.g., Fibre Channel, FCoE, 10GbE, InfiniBand)
- Application Delivery Forecast and Analysis
- Datacenter Network Infrastructure Spending
- Remote Branch Network Infrastructure Spending
- Lead-User Application Delivery Networking Case Studies
- Datacenter Networks Customer Requirements
- Datacenter Switching: Unifying the Datacenter Network
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the greatest growth opportunities for network infrastructure vendors in private and public cloud datacenters?
- How will emerging converged infrastructures influence network infrastructure requirements?
- What are the key influencers of customer migration to FCoE and 10 Gigabit Ethernet within the datacenter?
- How will the supplier landscape evolve as customers deploy application delivery networking?
- How will software-defined networking enable a virtualized datacenter supporting thousands of VMs and virtual network connections?
- What network workloads will drive the next wave of growth in WAN optimization?
- How will the network evolve to support accelerated delivery of dynamically provisioned workloads?
- What are the key remote branch networking opportunities?
IDC's Datacenter Networks service examines how equipment and software suppliers are positioning themselves to compete in the datacenter networking market. This service reviews the strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the networking market, including:
A10 Networks, Akamai, Alcatel Lucent, Allot, Arista Networks, Array Networks, AT&T, Avaya, Big Switch Networks, Blue Coat, Brocade, BT, Certeon, Ciena, Cisco Systems, Citrix, Dell, EMC, Emulex, Extinda, Extreme Networks, F5 Networks, Hitachi, HP, Huawei, IBM, Insiemi, Intel, Ipanema, Ixia, Juniper, Level 3, Mellanox, Microsoft, Network Appliance, Oracle, QLogic, Qwest, Radware, Riverbed, Siemens, Silver Peak, Spirent, Vello, Verizon, VMware, and Vyatta.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://www.idc-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.