Use IDC's Middle East and Africa Telecom Services Database to better plan service and technology rollouts, as well as sales and marketing initiatives. With in-depth market results and forecasts for telecom network services to businesses and consumers in 17 MEA countries, our database provides an essential view of spending on network services, the installed base, and traffic. Our easy-to-use quarterly tool ensures you can continuously assess the fastest-growing country markets, product segments, user types, and key technologies.
This service provides a quarterly deliverable featuring the most recent updates of our comprehensive five-year forecasts of fixed and mobile communications services in each of the following:
- Gulf countries: Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar
- Levant: Jordan, Lebanon
- North Africa: Egypt, Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia
- Sub-Saharan Africa: Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa
Every quarter, this service will address the following topics:
- Traditional fixed telephony services
- IP voice services
- Internet access services
- Ethernet services
- IP VPN services
- Legacy data services
- Mobile voice services
- Mobile data services
- Machine-to-machine (M2M) services
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How will user spending on telecom network services grow over the next five years by service and by market segment?
- Which MEA countries will provide the best opportunities over the next five years?
- How is the balance of telecom connectivity revenues shifting among voice, data, fixed, and mobile services?
- Which data services do corporate and SME customers use, and how is that evolving in each market?
- How does user behavior compare across segments and markets, and how will it evolve?
- What are the recent benchmarks for these services?
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. This services provides the following:
Quarterly Delivered Annual Data and Forecasts on the MEA Telecom Markets
Deliverables include a set of Excel tables, delivered quarterly, containing the latest annual data with five-year annual forecasts on each of the service areas for the 17 individual country markets, two sub-regions, and the total market. Forecasts are broken down into individual components, depending on the nature of each market. Full service definitions are also provided.
Data Query Tool
The easy-to-use query tool (based on Excel pivot tables) enables you to quickly generate market data to a particular specification — the main options being country, product area, access type, measurement type, and user type.