IDC's Hard Disk Drive Components service tracks quarterly and annual hard disk drive (HDD) component (heads, media, substrates, and suspensions) demand. A quarterly report (Excel spreadsheet and pivot table) is delivered to each participating client delineating total market demand broken out by HDD OEM, technology type, and form factor for each component. Additionally, a five-year forecast for key HDD components is provided by form factor, technology type, capacity per disk, and areal density. This service allows component vendors to understand the demand for HDD components, the technology trends, and their share of participation from a unit perspective.
- HDD recording heads
- HDD media and substrates
- Suspension assemblies for HDDs
- HDD component technology
- Quarterly shipments of heads by HDD OEM and form factor
- Quarterly shipments of media and substrates by HDD OEM and form factor
- Quarterly shipments of suspensions by HDD OEM and form factor
- Annual unit forecast and analysis
- Annual top-line HDD forecast by form factor and consumption area
- Worldwide HDD Component Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide Quarterly HDD Component Analysis
- Periodic Market Insights
- Periodic Product Announcements
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What is the long-term demand for various HDD components?
- How quickly are HDD technology transitions occurring, and when should vendors be prepared to support them?
- What are the near-term and long-term forecasts for the number of components per drive?
- How are components for HDDs trending, and where should component technology investments be focused for next-generation products?
- Are there opportunities to capture additional value, or are there any unique performance requirements based on the applications consuming hard disk drives (e.g., gaming, CE, and enterprise)?
IDC's Hard Disk Drive Components service examines how HDD component vendors are positioning themselves to compete in the market for key HDD components. This service reviews the strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the HDD component market, including Asahi Glass, Fuji Electric, HGST, Hoya, Hutchinson Technology, Konica Minolta, Magnecomp, NHK Spring, Ohara, Seagate, Showa Denko K.K., TDK, Toyo Kohan, and Western Digital.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.