IDC's Storage Mechanisms: Solid State Storage Technologies service analyzes and forecasts the worldwide demand for solid state drives (SSDs). This service is designed to help clients understand the dynamics, trends, and opportunities for SSDs. SSD shipments are segmented and tracked by form factor, market application, technology type, and capacity range. In addition, worldwide industry revenue is tracked by the same metrics, which allows the calculation of average sales value (ASV) for various configurations. An annual long-term forecast and analysis, a midyear update, and a quarterly report (Excel spreadsheet and pivot table) is delivered to each SSD client delineating total market shipments broken out by capacity and by form factor.
- SSDs designed as a substitute for disk drives with similar interfaces, form factors, and embedded advanced controller functionality
- Does not include SSD storage devices connected via USB, FireWire, or any other external interface (e.g., thumb drives, CF II, SD cards)
- Quarterly worldwide shipments of SSDs by segment, form factor, and technology
- Quarterly worldwide industry revenue by segment, form factor, and technology
- Annual forecast and analysis — split by market application, form factor, technology type, and capacity range
- Worldwide SSD Forecast and Analysis
- Worldwide Quarterly SSD Analysis
- Worldwide SSD Forecast and Analysis — Midyear Update
- Periodic Market Insights and Product Announcements
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the long- and near-term demands for SSDs?
- What applications are likely to adopt SSDs?
- What is the timing of SSDs' entry into the market?
- How competitive are SSDs with HDD trends?
- What are the market inhibitors/accelerators of adoption?
- What are the technology trends for SSDs?
- Are there opportunities to capture additional value, or are there any unique performance requirements based on the applications that favor SSDs?
This service reviews strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the solid state storage technologies market, including:
BiTMICRO Networks, Dataram, Fusion-io, HGST, Imation, Intel, Kingston, Lexar, LSI, Memoright, Micron, NetApp, Nimbus, OCZ, Oracle, PNY, PQI, Ritek, RunCore, Samsung, SanDisk, Seagate, SMART Storage Systems, Solid Access Technologies, STEC, Super Talent, Texas Memory Systems, Toshiba, Viking, Violin Memory, Virident, Western Digital, and WHIPTAIL Technologies.
For IT suppliers or IT buyers doing business planning and budgeting, sales and marketing, or performance measurement, we have the custom offerings to optimize your success at every stage of your business. Our data- and content-driven approach helps you make better decisions, drive more effective marketing programs, and effectively measure your success - resulting in a greater return on your investment.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global end-user requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com.