IDC's BuyerPulse Deals Database: Americas Services product provides access to the Services Deals Database online tool and supporting research that helps the vendor, end-user, and financial services communities monitor the demand for services contracts as well as the subsequent performance of specific vendors. With 25,000 contracts — representing a combined value of over $1.8 trillion — signed as early as 1989, IDC's Services Deals Database represents the largest and richest information repository of services deals in the Americas. The online database offers tangible metrics to evaluate customer buying patterns in service offerings and vendor track records across service types, industries, and geographies.
The database provides comprehensive country coverage, capturing deal activity in over 39 countries around the Americas across all industry segments. The database and supporting research are focused primarily on outsourcing services, although other types of services engagements are also tracked. Services engagements captured in the database include the following:
- Business process outsourcing services
- IT and applications outsourcing
- Testing outsourcing
- Network management services
- Carrier network infrastructure outsourcing
- Desktop management services
- Business and IT consulting
- Systems integration/custom application development
- Software support and deployment services
- Hardware support and deployment services
- Network consulting and integration services
- IT education and training services
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Services contract valuation and services pricing models
- Contract pricing and benchmark metrics
- Customer metrics and characteristics
- Private, public, hybrid cloud, IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS contracts
- Prime versus subcontractor relationships
- Services engagement details and analysis
- Geographic scope and sourcing
- Industry adoption
- Losing bidders and contract cancellations
- One-year and five-year contract trends
- Customer buying criteria and winning factors
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What competitor contracts are up for renewal over the next 12-24 months?
- What end-user buying trends are emerging?
- How do the value and length of services contracts compare across service types, countries, and vertical industries?
- Are services contracts becoming shorter in length or lower in total contract value over time?
- What contracts do clients or prospects currently have with competitors?
- Which vendors are the most successful at penetrating any given geography, industry, or service area?
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Potential studies include:
IDC Web Conference — The Pulse of Outsourcing: IDC's Quarterly Look at Rolling Four-Quarter Deal Signings
Top 100 Outsourcing Deals
Application Outsourcing Deal Analysis
BPO Deal Analysis
Worldwide Outsourcing Services Annual Predictions
Latin America Outsourcing Trend
ADP, LLC, AON HEWITT LLC, AON plc, AT&T Inc., Accenture plc, Alcatel-Lucent, Alliance Data Systems, Inc., Avaya Inc., BOOZ ALLEN HAMILTON INC., BT Group plc, Bell Canada, Booz Allen Hamilton Inc., CACI INTERNATIONAL, CACI INTERNATIONAL INC., CGI Group Inc., CSC HOLDINGS LIMITED, Capgemini S.A., Ciber, Inc., Cognizant Technology Solutions Corporation, Computer Sciences Corporation, Convergys Corporation, Dell Inc., Deloitte, Deutsche Telekom AG, Fidelity National Information Services Inc., Fidelity National Information Services, Inc., First Data Corporation, Fiserv, Inc., Fujitsu Limited, Genpact Limited, Grupo ACS, HP Inc., Hitachi, Ltd., IBM, Indra Sistemas, S.A., LM Ericsson Telephone Company, Level 3 Communications, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Oracle Corporation, Qwest Communications International Inc., SAIC, INC., SAP AG, SONDA S.A., SRA INTERNATIONAL, INC., Stefanini, TELUS Corporation, TOTAL SYSTEM SERVICES, INC., TOTVS S.A., Tata Group, Tecnocom, Tecnoset Tecnologia e Sistemas, Telefonica S.A., Teradata Corporation, Tivit Terceirizacao de Processos, Servicos e Tecnologia S.A., Tyler Technologies, Inc., Ultimate Software Group, Inc., Unisys Corporation, VERTEX DATA SCIENCE LIMITED, Vangent, Inc., Verizon Communications, Inc., WNS, Inc, Wipro Limited, Xerox Corporation