IDC's BuyerPulse® Deals Database: Americas Services product provides access to the Services Deals Database online tool and supporting research that helps the vendor, end-user, and financial services communities monitor the demand for services contracts as well as the subsequent performance of specific vendors. With over 20,800 contracts — representing a combined value of over $1.6 trillion — signed as early as 1989, IDC's Services Deals Database represents the largest and richest information repository of services deals in the Americas. The online database offers tangible metrics to evaluate customer buying patterns in service offerings and vendor track records across service types, industries, and geographies.
The database provides comprehensive country coverage capturing deal activity in over 39 countries around the Americas across all industry segments. The database and supporting research are focused primarily on outsourcing services, although other types of services engagements are also tracked. Services engagements captured in the database include the following:
- Business process outsourcing/processing services
- IT and applications outsourcing
- Testing outsourcing
- Network management services
- Carrier network infrastructure outsourcing
- Desktop management services
- Business and IT consulting
- Systems integration/custom application development
- Software support and deployment services
- Hardware support and deployment services
- Network consulting and integration services
- IT education and training services
- Services contract valuation and services pricing models
- Contract pricing and benchmark metrics
- Customer metrics and characteristics
- Prime versus subcontractor relationships
- Services engagement details and analysis
- Geographic scope and sourcing
- Industry adoption
- Losing bidders and contract cancellations
- One-year and five-year contract trends
- Customer buying criteria and winning factors
- What competitor contracts are up for renewal over the next 12–18 months?
- What end-user buying trends are emerging?
- How do the value and length of services contracts compare across service types, countries, and vertical industries?
- Are services contracts becoming shorter in length or lower in total contract value over time?
- What contracts do clients or prospects currently have with competitors?
- Which vendors are most successful at penetrating any given geography, industry, or service area?
IDC's BuyerPulse Deals Database: Americas Services product delivers, via the Internet, unlimited access to compare and analyze specific services engagements. Vendor contract engagements are added to the database on a continual basis and are examined through written research and analysis. The database captures the activity of more than 9,000 customers being serviced by over 3,000 services vendors, including:
Accenture, Alcatel-Lucent, Aon Hewitt, Atos, AT&T, Avaya, Bell Canada, BT Global Services, CACI, Capgemini, CGI, Cognizant, Convergys, CSC, Dell, Deloitte, Ericsson, Fujitsu, Genpact, Grupo ASSA, Hitachi, HP, IBM, Indra Sistemas, Itautec, Level 3 Communications, Lockheed Martin, Neo Assist, Northrop Grumman, Oracle, SAIC, SAP Andina y del Caribe, Sonda, SRA International, Stefanini, Sungard Data Systems, Synapsis, TCS, Tecnocom, Tecnoset Tecnologia e Sistemas, Telefonica, Telefonos de Mexico, TELUS, Teradata, Tivit, Total System Services, TOTVS, T-Systems, Tyler Technologies, Ultimate Software, Unisys, Vangent, Verizon, Vertex Data Science, Wipro, WNS, Xerox/ACS, Xwave Solutions, Zensar, and Zipcode.
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Potential studies include:
In this quarterly Webinar, key IDC analysts provide a two-year detailed analysis and assessment of outsourcing deals based on a rolling four-quarter view.
This document offers a detailed look at the top 100 outsourcing contracts of the previous year, ranked by total contract value. The study compares and analyzes the contracts based on value, length, time of the year they were signed, geography, industry, winning vendors, and services provided.
Program Vice President, BuyerPulse Worldwide Services and Software Deals Databases