IDC's BuyerPulse® Deals Database: United States Services product provides access to the Services Deals Database online tool and supporting research that helps the vendor, end-user, and financial services communities monitor the demand for services contracts as well as the subsequent performance of specific vendors. With contracts signed as early as 1989 and more than 15,000 services contracts, IDC's Services Deals Database represents the largest and richest information repository of IT and BPO services deals in the United States. The online database offers tangible metrics to evaluate buying patterns in service offerings and vendor track records across service types and industries.
- Business process outsourcing
- Processing services
- IT and applications outsourcing
- Testing outsourcing
- Network management services
- Carrier network infrastructure outsourcing
- Desktop management services
- Business and IT consulting
- Systems integration
- Custom application development
- Software support and deployment services
- Hardware support and deployment services
- Network consulting and integration services
- IT education and training services
Throughout the year, this service will address the following topics around services deals:
- Services contract valuation and services pricing models
- Contract pricing and benchmark metrics
- Customer metrics and characteristics
- Prime versus subcontractor relationships
- Services engagement details and analysis
- Geographic scope and sourcing
- Industry adoption
- Losing bidders and contract cancellations
- One-year and five-year contract trends
- Customer buying criteria and winning factors
- What competitor contracts are up for renewal over the next 12–18 months?
- What end-user buying trends are emerging?
- How do the value and length of services contracts compare across various service types and vertical industries?
- What contracts do clients or prospects currently have with competitors?
- Are services contracts becoming shorter in length or lower in total contract value over time?
- Which vendors are most successful at penetrating any given industry or service area?
IDC's BuyerPulse Deals Database: United States Services product delivers, via the Internet, unlimited access to compare and analyze specific services engagements. Vendor contract engagements are added to the database on a continual basis and are examined through written research and analysis. The database captures the activity of more than 6,000 customers being serviced by over 2,000 services vendors, including:
Accenture, ACS, Alcatel-Lucent, Aon Hewitt, Atos, BearingPoint, BT Global Services, Booz Allen Hamilton, CACI, Capgemini, Ceridian, CEVA Logistics, CGI, Convergys, CSC, Dell, Deloitte, Digital River, Dimension Data, Dynamics Research, Ericsson, Fidelity National Information Services, Fujitsu, General Dynamics, Genpact, Harris, HCL, Hitachi, HP, IBM, Infosys, IO Data Centers, Level 3 Communications, Lockheed Martin, ManTech, Northrop Grumman, NTT Data, OneNeck IT Services, Oracle, PwC, Qwest Comms, Raytheon, SAIC, Stefanini, Sungard Data Systems, SYS Technologies, TCS, TeleTech, TriZetto Group, T-Systems, Tyler Technologies, Ultimate Software, Unisys, Verizon, Vertex Data Science, Wipro, and Xerox.
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Potential studies include:
In this quarterly Web Conference, key IDC analysts provide a two-year detailed analysis and assessment of outsourcing deals based on a rolling four-quarter view.
This document offers a detailed look at the top 100 outsourcing contracts of the previous year, ranked by total contract value. The study compares and analyzes the contracts based on value, length, time of the year they were signed, geography, industry, winning vendors, and services provided.