IDC's BuyerPulse Deals Database: United States Services product provides access to IDC's Services Deals Database online tool and supporting research that helps the vendor, end-user, and financial services communities monitor the demand for services contracts as well as the subsequent performance of specific vendors. With contracts signed as early as 1989 and more than 17,000 services contracts, IDC's Services Deals Database represents the largest and richest information repository of IT and BPO services deals in the United States. The online database offers tangible metrics to evaluate buying patterns in service offerings and vendor track records across service types and industries.
- Business process outsourcing
- IT and applications outsourcing
- Testing outsourcing
- Network management services
- Carrier network infrastructure outsourcing
- Desktop management services
- Business and IT consulting
- Systems integration
- Custom application development
- Software support and deployment services
- Hardware support and deployment services
- Network consulting and integration services
- IT education and training services
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Services contract valuation and services pricing models
- Contract pricing and benchmark metrics
- Customer metrics and characteristics
- Private, public, and hybrid cloud; IaaS; PaaS; and SaaS contracts
- Prime versus subcontractor relationships
- Services engagement details and analysis
- Geographic scope and sourcing
- Industry adoption
- Losing bidders and contract cancellations
- One-year and five-year contract trends
- Customer buying criteria and winning factors
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What contracts are up for renewal over the next 12–24 months?
- What end-user buying trends are emerging?
- How do the value and length of services contracts compare across various service types and vertical industries?
- What contracts do clients or prospects currently have with competitors?
- Are services contracts becoming shorter in length or lower in total contract value over time?
- Which vendors are most successful at penetrating any given industry or service area?
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market. Potential studies include:
IDC Web Conference — The Pulse of Outsourcing: IDC's Quarterly Look at Rolling Four-Quarter Deal Signings
Top 100 Outsourcing Deals
Application Outsourcing Deal AnalysisBPO Deal Analysis
Worldwide Outsourcing Services Annual Predictions
Latin America Outsourcing Trend
ADP, LLC, AT&T Inc., Accenture plc, Alcatel-Lucent, Alliance Data Systems, Inc., Aon Ltd, Atos S.A., BT Group plc, Booz Allen Hamilton Inc., CEVA Logistics, CGI Group Inc., Capgemini S.A., Ceridian Corporation, Ciber, Inc., Computer Sciences Corporation, Convergys Corporation, Dell Inc., Deloitte, Digital River, Inc., Dynamics Research Corporation, Fidelity National Information Services Inc., First Data Corporation, Fujitsu Limited, General Dynamics Corporation, Genpact Limited, Grupo ACS, HCL, Harris Corporation, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi, Ltd., IBM, Infosys Limited, LM Ericsson Telephone Company, Lawson Software, Inc., Level 3 Communications, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, Northrop Grumman Corporation, Oracle Corporation, PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Qwest Communications International Inc., Raytheon Company, SAP AG, SRA INTERNATIONAL, INC., Stefanini IT Solutions, SunGard Availability Services, Tata Consultancy Services Limited, TeleTech Holdings, Inc., The Ultimate Software Group, Inc., Tyler Technologies, Inc., Unisys Corporation, Verizon Communications, Inc., Wipro Limited, Xerox Corporation