IDC's leadership practice is totally focused on the business end user — the CIOs and verticals across enterprises and SMBs that comprise New Zealand's "intelligent" industries. This practice provides an integrated perspective missing in the market today: It draws on IDC's significant database of survey material, and our relationships with the CIO community to identify how businesses are using ICT to transform their business, increase productivity, and drive economic growth. The program also profiles key verticals, drawing on IDC's international industry insights programmes and best practice case studies. This is a programme that will not only define changing business demand but also support vendors and operators in developing their strategies. The CIO leadership team works in close collaboration with our international specialists and IDC New Zealand's IT Innovation and Disruptive Technologies Research programmes to provide an integrated and holistic 360-degree market perspective.
- New Zealand Vertical and SMB market opportunity
- Vertical market profiles
- Intelligent Industry Research Series: best practices
- New Zealand CIO priorities and attitudes toward ICT
- Annual market analysis updates of government and healthcare
- The use of technology by Intelligent Industries
- Benchmarking New Zealand industries with other countries
- New Zealand Vertical Market Analysis and Forecast
- New Zealand SMB Spending Analysis and Forecast
- Strategic Versus Sustaining Technologies
- Top 10 ICT Predictions
- Defining Intelligent Industries in New Zealand
- New Zealand Government ICT Strategy
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What is the market opportunity and forecast outlook for different vertical markets and company size segments in New Zealand?
- How are different industries adopting and leveraging innovative and emergent technologies?
- Which industries are strategic users of ICT, and which industries use it to improve use of existing assets/productivity and cost reduction?
- How will the UFB and RBI impact technology adoption?
- What macroeconomic and organisational factors are driving ICT investment?
- How is the role of the CIO evolving as the focus of IT moves from maintaining systems to one of strategic leadership?
- Which industries present the best opportunity for vendors' technology solutions?
This service reviews strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the New Zealand Intelligent Industries CIO Leadership Practice, including:
Datacom, Gen-I, HP, IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, Telecom, and TelstraClear
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://www.idc-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.