The telecom services market is shifting from traditional fixed voice and data services to new mobile, IP, and converged services. IDC's Worldwide Telecom Services Database tracks the telecom services transformation to this next-generation business model in one consolidated product to assist our customers with their business planning and market analysis. This product provides a worldwide overview with regional and country-level detail. It quantifies the market size and forecast for the entire telecom services market according to spending, subscriptions, and traffic usage. This database is updated and delivered twice a year.
This product covers the following segments of the worldwide telecom market:
- Telecommunications network services
- Market forecasts to 2018
- Six geographic regions and 88 countries
- Regional coverage: Seven network service areas, consumer and business breakouts, end-user spending, traffic, and subscriptions
- Country-level coverage: Total fixed voice and data and total wireless voice and data
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Fixed line voice
- IP voice services
- Core business data services
- IP data services
- Mobile voice
- Mobile data
- Total telecom market
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- At what rate is mobile data growing?
- At what rate is IP voice growing?
- How large is the global telecom market opportunity?
- How are fixed data services evolving?
- What is the addressable market for end-user services?
- What are the key networking services growth markets?
IDC's Worldwide Telecom Services Database quantifies the market size and forecast for the worldwide telecommunications network service market. This is a one-stop-shop product for total global telecom services market sizings and forecasts, including fixed voice and data as well as wireless voice and data. In addition to providing regional coverage, this tool delivers data for the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, the Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, the United States, Venezuela, and Vietnam.
Throughout the year, this product will offer insight into the latest trends impacting the market.
This easy-to-use query tool is based on Excel pivot tables. The tool enables users to quickly generate market data to a particular specification — the main options include product area, access type, type of measurement, and type of user.
Vice President, Telecommunications, IDC EMEA
Research Director, Telecoms & Networking, CEMA