IDC's Technology Valuation Services: Servers provides core data and information for IT financing providers and product managers to understand equipment life cycles and measure risk in IT investments. This service provides technology assessments, including detailed road maps, current fair market values, and residual value forecasts for IT equipment portfolio managers, product marketing managers, sales professionals, procurement executives, and IT financing and leasing specialists. Technologies covered within this service include low-end, midrange, and high-end enterprise servers from tier 1 vendors. Residual value forecasts are provided in our detailed life-cycle report, and we conduct quarterly telebriefings to review market trends, product announcements, and vendor developments.
- HP Integrity servers
- IBM System z and Power servers
- Oracle Enterprise and SPARC servers
- Quantitative forecasts of secondary market values (residual values) for specified products
- Technology assessments updated throughout the product life cycle
- Evaluation of vendor primary and secondary market strategies
- Assessment of related software licensing and maintenance practices on product secondary market prices
- HP Integrity Server Life-Cycle Analysis
- IBM System z Life-Cycle Analysis
- IBM Power Systems Life-Cycle Analysis
- Oracle Server Life-Cycle Analysis
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- Will demand exist for this equipment type by lease end? What will the economic value be in three to five years?
- How is this vendor positioned relative to its competitors, and what is its outlook?
- Will emerging technologies render this equipment obsolete in the near future?
- What are the technology, market, and competitive issues confronting the vendor for the specified equipment?
- How will new product features impact equipment resale prices one to four years after introduction?
- How will the increasingly global used equipment market impact used equipment prices and secondary market dynamics?
- How will new product discounting practices impact the resale for each type of equipment one to four years into the future?
IDC's Technology Valuation Services: Servers research examines how key providers are positioning themselves to compete in the major server, storage, networking, and communications markets. This service reviews the strategies, market positioning, and future direction of major vendors, including HP, IBM, and Oracle.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://www.idc-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.