IDC's Technology Valuation Services: Storage provides core data and information for IT financing providers and product managers to understand equipment life cycles and measure risk in IT investments. This service provides technology assessments, including detailed road maps, current fair market values, and residual value forecasts for IT equipment portfolio managers, product marketing managers, sales professionals, procurement executives, and IT financing and leasing specialists. Technologies covered within this service include midrange and high-end enterprise storage from tier 1 vendors. Residual value forecasts are provided in our detailed life cycle report, and we conduct quarterly telebriefings to review market trends, product announcements, and vendor developments.
- EMC VMAX, VNX, Symmetrix, and CLARiiON storage products
- HP StorageWorks, 3PAR, EVA, and XP storage products
- Hitachi Data Systems storage products
- IBM midrange and enterprise storage products
- Network Appliance storage products
- Oracle/Sun enterprise storage products
- Quantitative forecasts of secondary market values (residual values) for specified products
- Technology assessments provided throughout the product life cycle
- Evaluation of vendor primary and secondary market strategies
- Assessment of related software licensing and maintenance practices on product secondary market prices
- EMC Enterprise Storage Life-Cycle Analysis
- EMC CLARiiON Life-Cycle Analysis
- HP StorageWorks Life-Cycle Analysis
- Hitachi Storage Life-Cycle Analysis
- IBM Enterprise Storage Life-Cycle Analysis
- Oracle/Sun Life-Cycle Analysis
- Network Appliance Storage Life-Cycle Analysis
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the forecast secondary market prices for specified equipment (residual values) one to five years into the future?
- What are the technology, market, and competitive issues confronting the vendor for the specified equipment?
- How will new product features impact equipment resale prices one to four years after introduction?
- How will the increasingly global used equipment market impact used equipment prices and secondary market dynamics?
- How will new product discounting practices impact the resale for each type of equipment one to four years into the future?
IDC's Technology Valuation Services: Storage research examines how key providers are positioning themselves to compete in the major server, storage, networking, and communications markets. This service reviews strategies, market positioning, and the future direction of several providers, including EMC, Hitachi Data Systems, HP, IBM, Network Appliance, StorageTek, and Oracle/Sun.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.