IDC's Consumer IT Watch service provides you with a complete overview of what is happening in the consumer information technology space. It highlights top findings from IDC's newest research and strategic analysis of the latest industry news, covering all things consumer information technology from mobile platforms and applications, new media, advertising and ecommerce, multiscreen video, gaming, media tablets, and mobile phones to PCs and displays. Examples of topics this service covers include the introduction of new technologies, new business models, and new products; the announcement of strategic partnerships and mergers and acquisitions; and coverage of the mobile, social, cloud, and big data megatrends.
- Mobile Internet, mobile platforms, and applications
- Internet advertising and mobile advertising
- Multiscreen video
- Media tablets and ereaders
- Mobile phones
- PCs and displays
- The consumer cloud
- Highlights from IDC's Digital Consumer Market Model (DCMM), the New Media Market Model (NMMM), and ConsumerScape 360
- Big data in the consumer space
- Social media
- New business models and distribution channels for traditional IT and media players
- Mergers and acquisitions, partnerships, cooperations, and investment opportunities
- Weekly IDC Links, Flashes, and Insights covering major news events that will impact the digital marketplace
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the major events shaping the consumer IT space?
- What are the short- and long-term consequences of current happenings for IDC's clients?
- How will acquisitions and partnerships impact the market and competitors?
- Who are the new rising stars of the consumer IT space?
- Which vendors are best positioned to take advantage of this space to compete and dominate?
- Which technologies are reshaping the competitive landscape?
IDC's Consumer IT Watch service reviews the strategies, market positioning, and future direction of the following players:
ABC, Acer, Activision, Adobe, Akamai, Alcatel-Lucent, Amazon, AMD, AOL, Apple, ASUS, AT&T, Barnes & Noble, Belair, Bellabs, Best Buy, Cablevision Systems, Capcom, CBS, CenturyLink, Charter International, China Telecom, Ciena, Cisco Systems, Comcast, Cox, Dell, DIRECTV, DISH Network, Dolby, eBay, Electronic Arts, Ericsson, Facebook, Fujitsu, Google, HBO, Hitachi, HP, HTC, Huawai, Hulu.com, IAC, IBM, Intel, Jumptap, Juniper Networks, Kobo, Lenovo, Level 3, LG, Limelight Networks, Logitech, Microsoft, Millennial Media, Mitsubishi, Motorola, NAVTEQ, NBC Universal, Netflix, News Corp., Nintendo, Nokia, NVIDIA, Oracle, Panasonic, Philips, Plantronics, Qualcomm, Razr, Research In Motion, Roku, Samsung, Sanyo, Scripps, SEGA, Sony Electronics, Sprint Nextel, Telefonica, Tellabs, Time Warner, T-Mobile, Texas Instruments, TiVo, Toshiba, Twitter, Ubisoft, United International Securities, Verizon, Viacom, VIZIO, Vodafone, Walt Disney, Warner Brothers, WPP, Yahoo!, YouTube, and Zynga.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.