For many IT vendors, sales targets continue to increase every year, at rates upwards of 15% per year. In contrast, U.S. IT spending by the large enterprise segment is only forecast to grow 5.2% in 2014. To achieve these numbers, IT vendors need to be better informed and sell smarter. Selling smarter means having a more intimate understanding of buyers, including their unique business challenges and objectives and, in particular, better market analytics focused on their overall IT purchasing behavior and priorities. IDC's United States IT Wallet service provides an analysis of the specific IT spending strategies and priorities for more than 3,900 of the largest United States–based companies. The research is crafted to arm sales and marketing organizations with the specific information they need to incorporate into a smart selling strategy.
- IT services
- Telecom services
- Internal services
- Size and growth of IT spending by company
- Drivers impacting IT spending growth by company
- Company IT strategies and buying behavior
- Economic health of each company
- Events impacting IT spending by company
- 2012–2014 IT Spending Forecast by Company
- 2013 Top 10 Spenders
- 2014 Top Movers
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- Which U.S. companies are the largest spenders on IT products and services?
- How does the technology product mix differ by company?
- How does IT adoption differ by company?
- How can vendors and suppliers best position and sell their products and services to different customer segments?
IDC's United States IT Wallet research program arms IT vendors with an analysis of the estimated budgets and forecast spending of more than 3,400 of the largest enterprises operating in the United States. The research provided within this service allows vendors to:
- Understand the specific IT buying behavior and strategies of their customers and partners, enabling more targeted sales and marketing plans for named accounts
- Discover how much key accounts are spending on IT in their U.S. operations, enabling sales to allocate resources more effectively
- Tackle sales aggressively by identifying new U.S. prospects to grow their business and identifying ways to grow the value of existing customers
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community athttp://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.