This service delivers single-point access to analysis on the European datacenter market, from the facility, to the system to the management software level. Focus areas of IDC's European Datacenters Architectures include server form factors, integrated systems, system management software, server and client virtualization, high availability systems, business resiliency, cloud infrastructure, as well as datacenter locations.
- Datacenter and IT infrastructure transformation
- System management software
- Datacenter Infrastructure Management (DCIM)
- Orchestration Software
- Non-x86 Servers dynamics
- New x86 server designs and form factors
- Low power server CPUs (ARM, Atom etc.)
- Server installed base data
- Integrated infrastructure systems or converged infrastructures
- Integrated platform systems
- Service Provider datacenter build-out
- European datacenter locations
- Next-generation datacenters (containers, modular datacenters, etc.)
- Datacenter power and cooling components and techniques
- Server workloads, including HPC, database, email etc.
- Server virtualization and Operating Systems
- Client Virtualization, VDI, hosted desktops
- End-user requirements and case studies
- EMEA Client Virtualization Analysis and Forecast, 2014-2018
- EMEA Integrated Systems Analysis and Forecast, 2015-2019
- EMEA Datacenter Top 10 Predictions, 2015
- EMEA Server Installed Base Forecast and Analysis, 2015–2019
- EMEA Low-Power Server Forecast, 2015-2019
- Western Europe System Management Software Market Analysis, 2014
- Western Europe Datacenter Forecast, 2014-2018
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the key annual market shares of server vendors by country in Western Europe?
- Who are the key providers of system management software in Europe?
- How large is the opportunity for Integrated Systems in the EMEA region?
- Where will large cloud providers expand their datacenter footprint?
- How much money are EMEA companies spending on client virtualization?
IDC's European Datacenters and Server Infrastructures service examines how server, appliance, and server-related vendors are positioning themselves to compete in the server industry. This service reviews the strategies, market positioning, and future direction of providers in this market, including:
Acer, AMD, ARM, Attachmate Group, Automic, AWS, BMC, CA, Cisco, Citrix, Dell, Digital Realty, Equinix, FrontRange, Fujitsu, Bull, Hewlett-Packard, Hitachi, IBM, Intel, LanDesk, Lenovo, Microsoft, NEC, New Relic, Nutanix, Oracle, Parallels, Quanta, Rackspace, Rightscale, Red Hat, SUSE, SAP, ServiceNow, ScienceLogic, SGI, Simplivity, Stratus, Supermicro, Symantec, Teradata, Transtec, Unisys, Veeam, VMware, Wiwynn.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.