Datacenter architectures are rapidly evolving as digital transformation initiatives drive the need for greater IT agility, developer-friendly infrastructure, and industrial robustness at scale. Digital workloads such as Big Data and the Internet of Things drive new design points for datacenter architectures. IDC's European Datacenter Architectures research identifies and analyzes the opportunities, technologies, and trends in this complex business area, covering European cloud infrastructure, server, converged and hyperconverged systems, and systems management software markets. This service provides the market intelligence necessary to help product, marketing, and strategic planning professionals develop successful business strategies.
- Datacenter and IT infrastructure transformation
- System management software (cloud, orchestration, and automation)
- Converged and hyperconverged systems
- Cloud infrastructure market developments
- Service provider infrastructure requirements
- Containers, Open Compute, OpenStack, and other open source approaches
- Next-generation datacenters (containers, modular datacenters, etc.)
- Server workloads, including HPC, analytics, and email
- Server virtualization and operating systems
- End-user requirements and case studies
- EMEA Converged Systems Analysis and Forecast, 2017–2021
- EMEA Cloud Infrastructure Forecast, 2017–2021
- European Datacenter Survey Results
- European end-user challenges, priorities, and investment trends
- Western Europe System Management Software Market Analysis, 2016
- Western Europe Datacenter Forecast, 2017–2021
- Western Europe Big Data Infrastructure
- Western Europe Hyperconverged Systems
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What is the impact of digital transformation on datacenter infrastructure in Europe?
- What are the key annual market shares of server vendors by country in Western Europe?
- Who are the key providers of system management software in Europe?
- How large is the opportunity for integrated and hyperconverged systems in the EMEA region?
- How quickly is datacenter infrastructure spending moving from on-premise to the cloud?
- What types of datacenter architectures and systems are used for digital workloads (Big Data, IoT, mobile applications)?
Acer Inc., Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., Akamai Technologies, Inc., Amazon Web Services, Inc., Amazon.com, Inc., BMC Software, Inc., CA Technologies, Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., Citrix Systems, Inc., Datapipe, Inc., Dell Inc., Digital Realty Trust, Inc., EMC Corporation, Equinix Inc., Fujitsu Limited, Google Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Hitachi, Ltd., Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., IBM, Intel Corporation, Lenovo Group Limited, Limited Liability Company "Eguant", Microsoft Corporation, NEC Corporation, NetApp, Inc., New Relic, Inc., Nokia Corporation, Nutanix, Inc., Oracle Corporation, PARALLELS INC., Quanta Computer Inc., RIGHTSCALE INC, RITTAL CORP., Rackspace Hosting, Inc., Red Hat, Inc., ScienceLogic, Inc., ServiceNow, Inc., SimpliVity Corporation, Super Micro Computer, Inc., Symantec Corporation, Teradata Corporation, The Attachmate Group, Inc., Unisys Corporation, VMware, Inc.