This service delivers single-point access to analysis on the European server market. It compares and contrasts market opportunities, evolving market concepts and end-user trends, emerging technologies, and business requirements. The focus of IDC's European Datacenters and Server Infrastructures service includes themes such as server form factors, integrated systems, infrastructure consolidation, channel partnerships, energy efficiency, high availability, business resiliency, virtualization and cloud infrastructure, as well as datacenter transformation, datacenter optimization, and Dynamic IT.
- RISC, CISC, x86, and EPIC servers
- Datacenter and IT infrastructure transformation
- Unified computing and integrated systems
- Public cloud infrastructures
- Scalable datacenter deployments
- Containerized datacenters
- Server blade and density optimized server adoption
- Hardware-attached software and services
- Server workloads, including HPC
- Server virtualization and server consolidation
- Market segment analysis and forecasts (e.g., blades, virtualization, Linux servers, high availability)
- Vendor performances, strategies, and product portfolios
- End-user trends and buying intentions
- Installed base market shares and forecast
- Emerging technologies
- Channel partnerships
- Vendor product announcements and analyst and industry event highlights
- Green strategies, green metrics
- Western European Server Forecast and Analysis, 2014–2018
- EMEA Server Infrastructure 2014 Top 10 Predictions
- The Adoption of Virtualization in Western Europe
- Quarterly server market presentations and/or workshops
- Western European Server Installed Base Market Forecast and Analysis, 2014–2018
- Ultra-Dense Servers and Their Adoption
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the key annual market shares of server vendors by country in Western Europe?
- Which segments of the server market are set for growth?
- What are the end-user investment priorities in 2013?
- What are the new disruptive technologies on the horizon?
- How are server virtualization, server consolidation, and server blades transforming the server market?
- What do recent acquisitions mean for vendor strategy?
- How are server vendors addressing the European SMB market?
- Which server vendors retain the largest installed base?
IDC's European Datacenters and Server Infrastructures service examines how server, appliance, and server-related vendors are positioning themselves to compete in the server industry. This service reviews the strategies, market positioning, and future direction of providers in this market, including:
Acer, AMD, Cisco, Dell, Fujitsu, Bull, Hewlett-Packard, Hitachi, IBM, Intel, Lenovo, Microsoft, NEC, Oracle, Parallels, Red Hat, SAP, SGI, Stratus, Supermicro, Symantec, Transtec, and Unisys.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.