Security is one of the key strategic tasks managed by IT departments in Western Europe. Defending against IT threats, protecting IT assets, monitoring and managing compliance status, protecting information against leakage, and enabling business partnerships and ubiquity for employees are some of the tasks that IT security executives must fulfill. IDC's European Security Software Market Analysis and Strategies service closely follows security market spending, strategies, and trends for security software in Western Europe.
- Security software: identity and access management (IAM), secure compliance and vulnerability management (SCVM), secure content and threat management (SCTM), and other security software (encryption, wireless)
- Cloud security: market inhibition, adoption drivers
- Mobile security
- End-user security spending expectations
- Market opportunity and growth trends, security strategies, competitive environment, and recommendations for vendors and end users
- CISO agendas
- European Security Software market analysis, 2013
- European Security Software Forecast, 2014–2018
- European Mobile Security Forecast, 2014–2018
- European Data Protection Regulation Impact
- Big Data in Security (SIEM): European perspective
- European Identity and Access Management Market Analysis
- European Cloud Security Perceptions, 2014
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the major issues relating to IT security that companies face today and in the future?
- Which industries and company size bands are the critical focal points for vendors in the coming year?
- How are the top vendors positioned in terms of company and product strategies and market share?
- How are market ecosystems changing?
- How are regulatory and compliance changes affecting market growth?
- How are vendors addressing the management of security implementations?
- What impact will the trends of social, cloud, Big Data, and mobile have on the security landscape?
IDC's European Security Software Market Analysis and Strategies service examines how security vendors are positioning themselves to compete in the software market. This service reviews strategies, market positioning, and future direction of providers in the European security products and strategies market, including:
Attachmate, BitDefender, BeCrypt, BitLocker, CA Technologies, Check Point, Cisco, EMC (RSA Security), Enterasys, F-Secure, Gemalto, Groupe Bull, HP, IBM, Iron Port (Cisco), Juniper, Kaspersky Labs, Lumension, McAfee, MessageLabs (Symantec), Microsoft, Norman ASA, Novell, Oracle, Panda Security, PGP (Symantec), Postini (Google), Qualys, Scan Safe (Cisco), Sophos, SSH, Shavlik, Symantec, Trend Micro, Sophos-Utimaco, Vasco, VeriSign (Symantec), Vericept, Websense, and Zscaler.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.