IDC's European Small and Medium Business Markets service analyzes ICT buying trends and patterns across four company sizes and 16 verticals in 16 Western European countries. Our analysts provide insight into when and where the most active small and medium business (SMB) segments are likely to generate IT and telecoms business growth, with a focus on key IT products, services, and solutions, as well as emerging technologies such as cloud, mobility, social media, Big Data, and the Internet of Things.
- Enterprise applications and security
- Emerging technology solutions and trends
- Hardware, software, and services
- Cloud and software as a service (SaaS)
- Social media, mobility, and Big Data
- The role of SMBs in the European economy
- Levels of IT sophistication among SMBs
- IT spending forecast by vertical market and company size
- Segmentation of the SMB market based on IT solution adoption patterns
- SMB attitudes toward new technologies
- SMB technology purchase processes
- Vertical offerings for SMBs
- IT supplier push to reach SMBs
- Western European SMB IT Spending Forecast, 2016–2020
- Quarterly Pivot Table deliverable
- Western European SMB Market Structure and Performance Indicators
- IT Security in Western European SMBs
- IS budget dynamics, channel selection, and vendor satisfaction
- Business and IT priorities in Western European SMBs
- Clustering SMBs in Western Europe
- Cloud, social media, Big Data, and mobile solutions in SMBs
- Quarterly Market Watch and Confidence Outlook newsletters
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How do SMB technology opportunities vary by country and company size?
- What are the key technologies and applications used by European SMBs and what solutions will change the way SMBs do business over the next 12 months?
- What are the most viable strategies for IT and telecoms vendors targeting SMBs in Europe?
- How interested are SMBs in new technologies such as cloud, social media, and mobile solutions?
- What drives SMB technology investment and which verticals are the most active IT investors?
Apple Inc., BT Group plc, Capgemini S.A., Cisco Systems, Inc., Dell Inc., Deutsche Telekom AG, Exact Holding N.V., France Telecom SA, Fujitsu Limited, HP Inc., IBM, Infor, Inc., Intel Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, Novell, Inc., Oracle Corporation, SAP AG, Salesforce.com, Inc., Samsung, Siemens AG, Symantec Corporation, Telecom Italia SpA, Telefonica S.A., The Sage Group plc, VMware, Inc.