IDC's European Small and Medium Business Markets service analyzes ICT buying trends and patterns across four company sizes and 16 verticals in 16 Western European countries. Our analysts provide insight into when and where the most active small and medium business (SMB) segments are likely to generate IT and telecoms business growth, with a focus on key IT products, services, and solutions, as well as emerging technologies such as cloud computing, social media, Big Data, and mobility.
- Enterprise applications
- New technologies
- Hardware, software, and services
- Cloud and software as a service (SaaS)
- Social media
- The role of SMBs in the European economy
- The European SMB IT opportunity
- Levels of IT sophistication among SMBs
- IT spending forecast by company size
- Segmentation of the SMB market based on IT solution adoption patterns
- Segmentation of the SMB market based on mobility solutions
- SMB attitudes toward new technologies
- SMB technology purchase processes
- Vertical offerings for SMBs
- IT supplier push to reach SMBs
- Western European SMB IT Spending Forecast, 2015–2019
- Western European SMB Market Structure and Performance Indicators
- IT Security in Western European SMBs
- IS Budget Dynamics, Channel Selection, and Vendor Satisfaction
- Business and IT Priorities in Western European SMBs
- Clustering SMBs in Western Europe
- Cloud, Social Media, Big Data, and Mobile Solutions in Western European SMBs
- Quarterly Market Watch and Confidence Outlook newsletters
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How do SMB technology opportunities vary by country and company size?
- What are the key technologies and applications used by European SMBs and what solutions will change the way SMBs do business over the next 12 months?
- What are the most viable strategies for IT and telecoms vendors targeting SMBs in Europe?
- How interested are SMBs in new technologies such as cloud, social media, and mobile solutions?
- What drives SMB technology investment and which verticals are the most active IT investors?
IDC's European Small and Medium Business Markets service examines how ICT providers are positioning themselves to compete in the European SMB market. This service reviews strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the European SMB market across all technology areas, including:
Apple, BT, Capgemini, Cisco, Dell, Deutsche Telekom, France Telecom, Fujitsu Siemens, HP, IBM, Infor, McAfee,Microsoft, Novell, Oracle, Salesforce.com, SAP, Symantec, Telecom Italia, Telefónica, and VMware.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.