IDC's European Small and Medium Business Markets service analyzes ICT buying trends and patterns across five company sizes and 16 verticals in 16 Western European countries. Our analysts provide insight into when and where the most active small and medium business (SMB) segments are likely to generate IT and telecoms business growth, with a focus on key IT products, services, and solutions, as well as emerging technologies such as cloud, mobility, social, Big Data, the Internet of Things, and other Innovation Accelerators.
- Emerging technology solutions and trends
- Hardware, software, and services
- Public and private cloud
- Social media, mobility, and Big Data
- The role of SMBs in the European economy
- Levels of IT sophistication among SMBs
- IT spending forecast by vertical market and company size
- Segmentation of the SMB market based on IT solution adoption patterns
- SMB attitudes toward 3rd Platform technologies
- SMB technology purchase processes
- Vertical offerings for SMBs
- IT supplier push to reach SMBs
- Western European SMB IT Spending Five-Year Forecast
- Western European SMB Structure and Performance Indicators
- IT Security in Western European SMBs
- IS Budget Dynamics, Channel Selection, and Vendor Satisfaction
- Business and IT Priorities in Western European SMBs
- Clustering SMBs in Western Europe
- Cloud, Social Media, Big Data, and Mobile Solutions in SMBs
- Quarterly Market Watch and Confidence Outlook Newsletters
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How do SMB opportunities vary by country and company size?
- What are the key technologies and use cases for European SMBs and what solutions will change the way SMBs do business over the next 12 months?
- What are the most viable strategies for IT and telecom vendors targeting SMBs in Europe?
- How interested are SMBs in 3rd Platform technologies such as cloud, social, mobile, and Big Data?
- What drives SMB technology investments and which verticals are the most active IT investors?
Apple Inc., BT Group plc, Capgemini S.A., Cisco Systems, Inc., Dell Inc., Deutsche Telekom AG, France Telecom SA, Fujitsu Limited, Google Inc., HP Inc., Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, Microsoft Corporation, Novell, Inc., Oracle Corporation, SAP AG, Salesforce.com, Inc., Samsung, Siemens AG, Symantec Corporation, Telecom Italia SpA, Telefonica S.A., The Sage Group plc, VMware, Inc.
European Industry Solutions Manager, Customer Insights & Analysis
Senior Research Manager, European Industry Solutions, Customer Insights & Analysis