IDC's Asia/Pacific Collaboration and Social Business combines IDC's research expertise in UC, enterprise, social enterprise, video, collaborative tools, and enterprise mobility. As the lines demarcating these technologies are getting blurred, IDC provides its unique perspectives by unearthing Asia/Pacific customer trends, market opportunity, and players' go-to-market strategies. The global financial crisis brought a mixed bag of fortunes for unified communications providers, while the recovering economic environment is enabling various kinds of opportunities. This program provides insights into UC&C adoption and go-to-market trends in the Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan), or APEJ, region, evaluating channel readiness, analyzing end-user buying behavior, observing new market and technology alignments, and identifying challenges and opportunities for vendors and SPs.
- Annual sizing and forecast of unified communications applications and videoconferencing revenue by countries
- Semiannual sizing and annual forecast of enterprise telephony
- New UC market and technology alignments in APEJ region
- Challenges and opportunities for industry vendors and SPs
- Competitive analysis of unified communications, collaboration, social enterprise, and enterprise mobility vendors
- Unified communications, collaboration, videoconferencing, social enterprise, and mobility usage among enterprises in 11 countries in Asia/Pacific
- The Rise of Video in the Business Market
- APEJ Enterprise Telephony Equipment Market Sizing and Forecast Pivot Tables
- SMBs: UC Opportunities at the Lower Half of the Pyramid
- Socialytic Applications as the Next-Gen UC-Enabled Business Tools to Drive Business Outcomes
- UCaaS — Adapting the Demand Switch from CAPEX Model to OPEX Model
- Industry Vertical Case Study
- Multipurpose Mobile/Portable Devices for the Savvy Business User
- Contact Center and Its Relevance in a Customer-Centric Era
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the market trends for unified communications, Enterprise 2.0, and enterprise mobility in the key markets in the Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan), or APEJ, region?
- How is the ecosystem for new UC applications (e.g., socialytic applications) emerging?
- What are the challenges and market opportunities in the region for UC vendors and service providers?
- What is the size of the unified communications and collaboration market in the region?
- What are the unified communications and mobility deployment plans of enterprises in Asia/Pacific (excluding Japan)?
- What are the emerging delivery models for UC in the region? How about the lower half of the pyramid — SMBs?
IDC's Asia/Pacific Collaboration and Social Business service examines how network equipment vendors, business and communications applications providers, enterprise social software players, mobility players, mobile devices suppliers, and VoIP and mobile service providers are positioning themselves to compete in the UC and mobility market. This service reviews the strategies, market positioning, and future direction of vendors and several providers in the UC and enterprise mobility market space, including:
Alcatel-Lucent, Aspect Software, Avaya, BlackBerry, Cisco Systems, Forterra, Genesys, Genesys Conferencing, Google, HP, IBM, Linden Lab, Microsoft, NEC, Nokia, Orange Business Services, Polycom, SingTel, Sybase, Tandberg, Telstra, and Verizon Business.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.
Research Director, Communications, IDC Asia/Pacific