IDC's United States Enterprise Communications Services analyzes enterprise demand for WAN networking services with a focus on Carrier Ethernet, VoIP, and datacenter interconnect service trends and applications. It covers Layer 1, Layer 2, and Layer 3 WAN connectivity, as well as Internet access and emerging value-added services and new converged architectures and emerging networking technologies such as network function virtualization (NFV) and software-defined networking (SDN). The research examines service provider strategies for targeting the enterprise market and evaluates the competitive positioning of a variety of players, including traditional telecom providers, competitive carriers, and new market entrants. The program also explores demand-side market dynamics, the factors fueling enterprise WAN evolution, and business adoption of VoIP solutions.
- Carrier Ethernet
- Optical wavelength
- Private line
- Service provider WAN cloud connect strategies
- Migration from legacy to IP voice services
- SIP trunking/integrated access
- Network virtualization, SDN, and NFV use cases in telecom carriers
- Profiles of unique and innovative services and companies
- Emerging business telecom value-added services trends
- Demand-side analysis developed from IDC's Enterprise Communications Manager Survey
- U.S. Enterprise Telecommunications MarketScape
- Carrier Ethernet Services Market Forecast and Analysis
- Ring Services Market Forecast and Analysis
- Private Line Services Market Forecast and Analysis
- Datacenter Interconnect Solutions
- U.S. IP Trunking Forecast and Analysis
- U.S. Enterprise Communications Survey
- Cloud WAN Solutions
- Enterprise Migration Trends
- U.S. Telecommunications Services Forecast and Analysis
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- Which WAN technologies are best positioned to benefit from migration trends?
- What applications will drive demand for Ethernet WAN, VPN, and wavelength services?
- How do cloud-based software solutions impact enterprise wireline communication service choices?
- What are the factors and emerging trends influencing enterprise data and voice migration, technology adoption, and telecom purchasing decisions?
- What role will SDN and NFV play in telecom service providers' plans to upgrade their network infrastructure?
- What are the competitive strengths and weaknesses of the various players targeting the enterprise telecommunications market in the United States?
- What is the role of the service provider in delivering IP voice services to businesses?
- How will service providers differentiate their SIP trunking service offerings?
IDC's United States Enterprise Communications Services research examines how business network service providers are positioning themselves to compete in the data networking market. This service reviews the strategies, market positioning, and future direction of several providers in the business network services market, including:
AT&T, BT, Cbeyond, CenturyLink, Charter Business, Cogent, Comcast Business, Cox Business Services, CSC, EarthLink, Frontier Communications, IntelePeer, Level 3 Communications, Masergy, MegaPath, NTT, Optimum Lightpath, Orange Business Services, Reliance Globalcom, Sidera Networks, SimpleSignal, Sprint, Tata Communications, Time Warner Cable Business Services, T-Systems, tw telecom, Verizon, West IP Communications, Windstream, XO Communications, and Zayo Group.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://www.idc-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.