IDC's United States Enterprise Communications Services analyzes enterprise demand for WAN networking services with a focus on Carrier Ethernet and datacenter interconnect service trends and applications. It covers Layer 1, Layer 2, and Layer 3 WAN connectivity, as well as Internet access and emerging value-added services such as enterprise WAN cloud connect services and new converged architectures and emerging networking technologies such as network function virtualization (NFV) and software-defined networking (SDN). The research examines service provider strategies for targeting the enterprise market and evaluates the competitive positioning of a variety of players, including traditional telecom providers, competitive carriers, and new market entrants. The program also explores demand-side market dynamics, the factors fueling enterprise WAN evolution, and business adoption of VoIP solutions.
- Carrier Ethernet
- Optical wavelength
- Private line
- Service provider WAN cloud connect strategies
- Network virtualization, SDN, and NFV use cases in telecom carriers
- Profiles of unique and innovative services and companies
- Emerging business telecom value-added services trends
- Demand-side analysis developed from IDC's Enterprise Communications Manager Survey
- U.S. Enterprise Telecommunications MarketScape
- Carrier Ethernet Services Market Forecast and Analysis
- Ring Services Market Forecast and Analysis
- Private Line Services Market Forecast and Analysis
- Datacenter Interconnect Solutions
- U.S. Enterprise Communications Survey
- Cloud WAN Solutions
- Enterprise Migration Trends
- U.S. Telecommunications Services Forecast and Analysis
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- Which WAN technologies are best positioned to benefit from migration trends?
- What applications will drive demand for Ethernet WAN, VPN, and wavelength services?
- How do cloud-based software solutions and cloud connect offerings impact enterprise wireline communication service choices?
- What are the factors and emerging trends influencing enterprise data and voice migration, technology adoption, and telecom purchasing decisions?
- What role will SDN and NFV play in telecom service providers' plans to upgrade their network infrastructure?
- What are the competitive strengths and weaknesses of the various players targeting the enterprise telecommunications market in the United States?
AT&T Inc., BT Group plc, CSC HOLDINGS LIMITED, CenturyLink, Inc., Charter Communications, Inc., Cogent Communications, Inc., Comcast Corporation, Cox Communications, Inc., EARTHLINK INC-WI-FI NETWORK,, Frontier Communications Corp., Level 3 Communications, Megapath Inc, Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation, Optimum S.A.S., Orange S.A., Reliance Group Holdings, Inc., SIDERA NETWORKS, INC., SIMPLE SIGNAL INC, Sprint Corporation, T-Systems International GmbH, Tata Group, Time Warner Cable Inc., Verizon Communications Inc., Windstream Pennsylvania, Inc., XO Holdings, Inc., Zayo Group, LLC