IDC's BuyerPulse Deals Database: Australia Services product provides access to the Services Deals Database online tool and supporting research that helps the vendor, end-user, and financial services communities monitor the demand for services contracts as well as the subsequent performance of specific vendors. With over 2,200 contracts, signed as early as 1995, IDC's BuyerPulse Deals Database: Australia Services represents the largest and richest information repository of services deals in Australia/New Zealand. This online database offers tangible metrics to evaluate customer buying patterns in service offerings and vendor track records across service types and industries as well as by country. This database will help IDC customers to improve account development, upsell/cross-sell, penetrate specific industries, benchmark to assist in proposal generation and negotiations, add analysis to sales territory development, develop services or product offerings for specific expiring contracts, and influence services firms to include technology offerings (software, hardware, and telcos).
This product covers the following segments of the services market:
- IT services contracts by deal size in revenue (in US$)
- IT services contracts by signing region/country
- IT services contracts by company size (revenue and employees)
- IT services contracts by industry
- IT services contracts by macromarkets, by engagement types, and by foundation markets and subsegments, according to IDC's services market taxonomy
Throughout the year, this product will address the following topics:
- Identify expiring deals coming up for renewal
- Services contract valuation and services pricing models
- Contract pricing and benchmark metrics
- Customer metrics and characteristics
- Prime versus subcontractor relationships
- Services engagement details and analysis
- Industry adoption
- Losing bidders and contract cancellations
- One-year and five-year contract trends
- Customer buying criteria and winning factors
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- What competitor contracts are up for renewal over the next 12–18 months?
- What end-user buying trends are emerging?
- How do the value and length of services contracts compare across service types, countries, and vertical industries?
- Are services contracts becoming shorter in length or lower in total contract value over time?
- What contracts do clients or prospects currently have with competitors?
- Which vendors are most successful at penetrating any given country, industry, or service area?
IDC's BuyerPulse Deals Database: Australia Services product delivers, via the Internet, unlimited access to compare and analyze specific services engagements. Vendor contract engagements are added to the database on a continual basis and are examined through written research and analysis. The database captures the activity of more than 9,000 customers being serviced by over 3,000 services vendors, including:
Accenture, ASG, BT Group, Capgemini, CSC, Datacom Group, Dimension Data (DiData), Fujitsu, Gen-i Ltd., HP, Huawei Technologies, IBM Global Services, Infosys, Mahindra Satyam, Microsoft, Mincom, Neusoft Group, NIIT Technologies, Nokia Siemens Networks, NTT Group, Oracle, Revera Ltd., SAP, Service Stream Limited (STR), Stellar Group, TCS, Telecom Corp. of New Zealand Ltd. (TCNZ), TeleTech Holdings, Telstra, Unisys, UXC Ltd., Verizon Communications, Visionstream Australia, Wipro, and Xchanging, among others
New deals published on a daily basis; this online database product offers insight into the latest IT services contracts signed and coming up for expiration: