The European Utility IT and Operational Technologies Strategies service is designed to help utility information technology (IT) and business management navigate the changes impacting the electricity, gas, and water businesses. The service provides exclusive research and direct access to subject-matter experts on the impact of new technologies and the digital transformation on IT and energy and water business processes (e.g., generation, transmission, distribution, and retail). Guidance is provided to support the right IT and operational technology (OT) investments to meet corporate objectives of reliability, operational efficiency, business performance, customer satisfaction, and sustainability.
This service develops unique analysis and comprehensive data through IDC Energy Insights' proprietary research projects, along with ongoing communications with industry experts, utility management, ICT vendors, and service providers. With decades of experience in the utility industry, our analysts leverage a broad spectrum of expertise and intellectual property from both IDC and IDC Energy Insights. Research reports elucidate business strategy, best practices, technology selection, and vendor assessment, along with short perspectives on topical issues. To ensure relevance, our analysts work with subscribers to identify and prioritize specific topics to be covered in research reports.
Throughout the year, the European Utility IT and Operational Technologies Strategies service will address the following topics:
- IT and OT investment and strategy to drive the changing needs of the utilities
- Digital transformation impacting European utilities
- Utilities' adoption of 3rd Platform technologies (cloud, big data, mobility, and social media)
- Evolution of operational technologies in the European utility market (including advanced distribution management systems, requirements, geospatial information systems, and SCADA)
- Trends related to main utilities' IT applications areas (including enterprise asset management, energy trading and risk management, mobile workforce management, meter data management, customer care and billing, and project portfolio management)
- IT and operational technologies' integration and governance
- Best practices and case studies related to business process and technology alignment
- Utilities' IT priorities and IT performance: Business-related IT strategy, budget, data management, and governance
- IDC MarketScape evaluations of technologies servicing the European utility marketplace
Our research addresses the following issues that are critical to your success:
- How is the digital transformation impacting utilities? What is being disrupted? Will utilities be able to reap the benefits in the short term?
- What are the key market trends and challenges facing the utilities business in the years ahead and their implication for IT, OT, and line-of-business executives?
- What are the opportunities and threats with business model change, and what are the technology requirements?
- How can technology be used to generate new revenue streams, increase efficiencies, reduce costs, gain competitive advantage, and ensure regulatory compliance?
- How do technologies such as big data and analytics, cloud, mobility, and social business apply to the utility industry?
- What is the viability of emerging technologies, and how can their potential benefits be reaped?
- What do IT investment and spending priorities look like across the industry?
- How can IT align with the business, achieve greater efficiencies, and build an infrastructure that can support future advances in technology?
- What are the suppliers and the solutions available on the European utilities market?
The European Utility IT and Operational Technologies Strategies service is ideally suited to support the needs of utility business managers and IT executives and managers responsible for supporting major applications for generation, transmission, distribution, and customer operations in electricity, gas, and water businesses. Suppliers to the utilities market will also benefit from this service with a better understanding of key market trends and challenges.