IDC's Enterprise System Management Software service provides strategic insight and advice to help IT vendors and buyers identify opportunities for competitive advantage in the rapidly changing market for systems and applications management software and software as a service (SaaS). This service is particularly valuable for decision makers that need to react to new delivery models; capitalize on increasing levels of infrastructure virtualization, convergence, and automation; and grapple with the rapid evolution of complex and mobile application environments. Clients gain access to unique analysis not available in other IDC research programs. They also get direct access to IDC's top industry experts, who can provide personal insight and advice to help further interpret market trends.
- Dynamic, virtualized datacenter operations and automation
- Impact of software-as-a-service, converged systems, and alternative delivery models on the systems management software ecosystem
- Application performance management and analytics
- Emerging IT buyer management software priorities and trends
- Ongoing evolution of change and configuration management markets and solutions
- Ongoing evolution of performance and event management markets and solutions
- Worldwide Enterprise System Management Software Forecast, Market Shares, and Strategy Analysis
- Worldwide Performance and Availability Management Software Forecast, Market Shares, and Strategy Analysis
- Worldwide Change and Configuration Management Software Forecast, Market Shares, and Strategy Analysis
- System Management SaaS Forecast, Shares, and Strategy Analysis
- Workload Scheduling and Automation Forecast, Market Shares, and Strategy Analysis
- Application Performance Management Software Market Shares, Forecast, and Strategy Analysis
- Ongoing Analysis of Major Vendor Announcements and Acquisitions
- Tracking and Analysis of High-Impact Start-Ups and Innovators
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How will major systems management software vendors evolve their portfolios and market positions in the coming years?
- How will IT buyers change their systems management software priorities and preferences over time?
- Which vendors are most effectively addressing emerging market demands and customer priorities?
- How is the growth of system management SaaS impacting market growth, vendor shares, and competitive market positioning
AppDynamics Inc., Automic Software GmbH, BMC Software, Inc., CA Technologies, Cherwell Software, LLC., Cisco Systems, Inc., Compuware Corporation, Dell Inc., Dynatrace LLC., EMC Corporation, Fujitsu Limited, HP Inc., Hitachi, Ltd., IBM, Kaseya Limited, Microsoft Corporation, NEC Corporation, New Relic, Inc., Oracle Corporation, Red Hat, Inc., RightScale, Inc., Riverbed Technology, Inc., ServiceNow, Inc., Splunk Inc., Symantec Corporation, Teamquest Technology Inc, Tripwire, Inc., VMware, Inc.