IDC's Enterprise System Management Software service provides strategic insight and advice to help IT vendors and buyers identify opportunities for competitive advantage in the rapidly changing market for systems and applications management software and software as a service (SaaS). This service is particularly valuable for decision makers that need to react to new delivery models; capitalize on increasing levels of infrastructure virtualization, convergence, and automation; and grapple with the rapid evolution of complex and mobile application environments. Clients gain access to unique analysis not available in other IDC research programs. They also get direct access to IDC's top industry experts, who can provide personal insight and advice to help further interpret market trends.
- Dynamic, virtualized datacenter operations and automation
- Impact of software-as-a-service, converged systems and alternative delivery models on the systems management software ecosystem
- Application performance management and analytics
- Emerging IT buyer management software priorities and trends
- Ongoing evolution of change and configuration management markets and solutions
- Ongoing evolution of performance and event management markets and solutions
- Worldwide Enterprise System Management Software Forecast and Vendor Shares, and Strategy Analysis
- Worldwide Performance and Availability Management Software Forecast, Vendor Shares, and Strategy Analysis
- Worldwide Change and Configuration Management Software Forecast and Vendor Shares, and Strategy Analysis
- Workload Scheduling and Automation Forecast, Vendor Shares, and Strategy Analysis
- Distributed Server/Workload Automation MarketScape
- Ongoing Analysis of Major Vendor Announcements and Acquisitions
- Tracking and Analysis of High-Impact Start-Ups and Innovators
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- How will major systems management software vendors evolve their portfolios and market positions in the coming years?
- How will the growth of traditional and emerging systems management software market revenue be impacted by economic conditions and competitive trends?
- How will IT buyers change their systems management software priorities and preferences over time?
- Which vendors are most effectively addressing emerging market demands and customer priorities?
IDC analyzes the strategies, market positions, and future directions of major vendors in the enterprise system management software market. A representative list of these vendors may include:
Adaptive Computing, Automic, BMC Software, CA Technologies, Cisco, Citrix, Compuware, Dell, EMC, Egenera, Fujitsu, Hitachi, HP, IBM, Kaseya, Keynote, Manage Engine, Microsoft, NEC, NetIQ, New Relic, OPNET, Opscode, OpTier, Oracle, ORSYP, Puppet, Red Hat, Rightscale, Service Now, Symantec, TeamQuest, and VMware.
IDC's Custom Research and Go-to-Market Solutions harness the power of global research, thought leadership, and innovative best practices to drive your business forward. With proven approaches and research-backed methodologies, IDC helps you:
IDC Custom Solutions develops and delivers programs designed around your specific business goals using a foundation of research and insights across technologies, geographies, and industries as well as expertise across practice areas that span strategy, sales and marketing, and business measurement and management. Go here to view our overview video.
Whether you are a technology buyer or provider, IDC Insights' research translates today's global IT professional requirements and trends into business opportunities for your organization. With dedicated businesses targeting energy, financial services, government, healthcare, manufacturing, and retail, IDC provides unmatched integration of global technology and vertical industry expertise to deliver industry-specific customer intelligence that gives clients a powerful business advantage.
Connect and engage with a global network of business and IT professionals in the first-of-its-kind end-user community at http://idc-insights-community.com or learn more about our IT Executive research by visiting http://www.idc.com/itexecutive.