IDC's Private Vendor Watch Service provides detailed data and analysis on emerging technology vendors, markets, and deals that can't be found anywhere else. The Private Vendor Watch Service was designed by financial and strategic investors to address a gap in the marketplace for accurate information and expert guidance on smaller, private tech vendors before they hit the public radar. Each year, the service produces hundreds of company profiles by conducting actual company briefings; each profile includes detailed company vitals, combined with expert IDC analysis on potential gaps, opportunities, differentiators, and much more. The service also tracks all technology M&A and IPO activity, including deal values, market classifications, and trend analysis with large quarterly reports and biweekly deal feeds, all captured in an online database.
- Corporate development and competitive intelligence teams
- Venture capital and private equity IT buyers and executives
- Investment banks
- Accurate data verified with vendor - Expert analyst guidance from IDC's 1,000+ analyst community
- Taxonomy aligned with IDC's trusted framework - In-depth market classification
- Global footprint -110 countries covered by IDC, with 54 office locations across the globe
In addition to the insight provided in this service, IDC may conduct research on specific topics or emerging market segments via research offerings that require additional IDC funding and client investment.
- What are the key success factors for these companies?
- What are the companies' key business characteristics, such as funding, exit strategies, and investment strategies?
- What is IDC's assessment of their market potential, capability, and product credibility?
- Who are their partners, channels, and customers?
- Who are the disrupters in the hottest IT markets?
- Who are the potential acquisition candidates and who is acquiring?